advertisement

A thread for forthcoming vinyl releases...

Yet another AMAZON pre-order that fails due to my UK based address.
Anyone else have this problem?

I have finally got to the bottom of this problem at Amazon Checkout, the problem being my first name is just on Amazon records as an 'initial' and not a full name, having now updated this I have no problems at checkout now.
Bizarre I know as I haven't changed my details since signing up over twenty years ago without any problems apart from recent pre-orders.

The interface between modern Jazz and Hip Hop is an interesting one. Thoroughly recommended Moor Mother "Jazz Codes"

Good morning, there is a thread on the Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs Fan Group on Facebook that there will apparently be releases of ALL Steely Dan early works up to Gaucho under the UHQR banner. This originated on the Hoffman Forum but I have literally only seen the FB post in the last 20 minutes and have not yet looked for the source. It's not April 1st but it could be an attempt at humour (?) following all the recent bad publicity.

Good morning, there is a thread on the Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs Fan Group on Facebook that there will apparently be releases of ALL Steely Dan early works up to Gaucho under the UHQR banner. This originated on the Hoffman Forum but I have literally only seen the FB post in the last 20 minutes and have not yet looked for the source. It's not April 1st but it could be an attempt at humour (?) following all the recent bad publicity.

There are several UK Retailers taking orders or deposits for Katy Lied at the moment. I thought about it but I don't really play much "early" Dan except Aja and Gaucho and will wait for those without hesitation when announced.

Ezra Collective. "Where I'm meant to be."
Lots of different ltd edition colours and copies with signed prints.
Never seen them but a mate who is quite connected in the music world tried to see them a few years ago at a small venue. They didn't let him him. Didn't want some fella in his 40's spoiling the vibe. "Where I'm meant to be." Quite an appropriate title!

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/ezra-collective/where-i-m-meant-to-be/lp-plus-x2
https://www.recordstore.co.uk/searc...ail&utm_source=Email&vvsa_consumer_id=9816987

I want the new remastered Revolver; any idea where’s best to pre-order and how much it’ll be?

Steely Dan UHQR's

Moorgate Acoustics vinyl operation (Waxatmoorgate) now taking £20 deposits for ALL of the Dan UHQR releases.
They are also providing estimated delivery dates which appear to be staggered on a sort of monthly basis, thankfully!

I could have been pursued by the Steely Dan had they been normal gatefolds, but the huge box things are so expensive and take up so much space. My hope is they’ll shake free a few nice ‘70s Japanese pressings onto the market, I need a few mid-period albums to make the set (got everything on nice early issue CD).

I could have been pursued by the Steely Dan had they been normal gatefolds, but the huge box things are so expensive and take up so much space. My hope is they’ll shake free a few nice ‘70s Japanese pressings onto the market, I need a few mid-period albums to make the set (got everything on nice early issue CD).
I agree about the horrendous pricing and would prefer them to be the same overall size as the MoFi "One-Steps" but am willing to put up with both negatives if the sound quality is there. The only UHQR I have is "Kind of Blue" and I was very pleased with that so looking forward to (another) "Aja" variant.

Miles Davis bootleg series vol7 vinyl at amazon 2 ALBUMS £34.73
ive forgotten how to link this.
the cd set has the live album tho as well.

Edit TL: Link here (Amazon).

Last edited by a moderator:
This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back