Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

A thread for forthcoming vinyl releases...

Discussion in 'music' started by windhoek, Sep 20, 2016.

1. irons1965

irons1965 pfm Member

2. LostAtSea

LostAtSea "33 222 1 222"

Johnny Marr - Fever Dreams 1-4. Released today and I had my copy on turquoise vinyl signed by the man himself at RT East. Also got a JM and the Healers 7" signed in memory of a gig at La Scala where both me and the missus-to-be agreed rhat Marr was the blx

3. Andy A

Andy A pfm Member

wezzywest likes this.
  4. guey

guey pfm Member

htm_1968 and vince rocker like this.
  5. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I’m liking Horsegirl enough to preorder the limited Rough Trade vinyl edition even if its not due until June! Good to hear some quality shoegaze for a change (preceding single ‘Billy’ even more so).

6. Ibbots

Ibbots pfm Member

7. htm_1968

htm_1968 pfm Member

[​IMG]

Still waiting on the LPs to show up. This is top quality stuff though....

RBrinsdon likes this.
  8. RBrinsdon

RBrinsdon pfm Member

Got my copy today and it is top quality stuff BUT it is annoying when albums from bands with high recording and production values get packaged with stiff, thick cardboard inners! Good job I keep a stock of quality inners to swap over.

9. Andy A

Andy A pfm Member

Got tickets to see the, at the end of April. I’m still debating as I don’t have any Tindersticks on Vinyl and was thinking of buying a couple of early albums that seem to be reasonable priced for double albums.

10. Johnny72

Johnny72 pfm Member

Wow..... I'm liking this....what a fantastic idea

11. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

The Line Is A Curve by Kae Tempest (Amazon) arrived earlier. I was a bit worried about this one as it’s a single album and pretty long playing time, but it’s not sounding bad at all so far. I went for the orange vinyl signed copy on pre-order ages ago. I have a feeling they are all orange though.

12. david ellwood

david ellwood Kirabosi Kognoscente

I really like some of Kae Tempests early output but its all so similar I couldnt commit to an entire album, I notice their latest tracks are more collaborative, hopefully getting a little less stuck in a box?

13. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I’ve only played the Kae Tempest once so far, but it does sound a little more varied musically than I was expecting. I haven’t got the earlier stuff so can’t really compare. I just noticed a pre-order for this one so took a punt.

The Wet Leg album that I preordered about a decade ago landed today. I bought from their site, which had a bewildering range of options. The cheapest way to get a signed copy (actually a signed insert) was a ‘bundle’ of the limited transparent vinyl with 7” and the CD, which actually only ended up a fiver or so dearer than the unsigned vinyl. Very interesting to compare the mastering between vinyl and CD, very different, vinyl far more gentle and easy going, CD modern and loud, but very well done. It’s a decent enough album with some great tracks (mainly the ones we’ve already heard), though it does run out of steam a bit. Overall I don’t think it is as strong as the Dry Cleaning album from last year, which I guess is the obvious competition. The limited edition looks like a good buy based on what flippers are asking already!

PS My instinct with the various limited editions we are bombarded with these days is to always go for a signed item where available. I’ll pay more for a signature but I’m not really bothered about what colour the vinyl is!

14. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Just playing it again now, it is very good indeed IMO. Worth a punt for sure.

15. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Listening to Wet Leg on Qobuz right now. Excellent. A bit reminiscent of early Echo Belly. Great stuff. Good enough for me to check out vinyl options!

16. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

The lyric line “Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?” is one of the best in the entire history of rock music IMHO.

RBrinsdon and ks.234 like this.
  17. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

There were a number of lyric lines that caught me, but as I was listening through AirPods in the back garden with several bottles of Summer Lightning in front of me, can’t quite remember them for now!

RBrinsdon likes this.
  18. zygote23

zygote23 pfm Member

New Schulze!

popol_vuh likes this.
  19. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Sault have a new album Air (Bandcamp). I’ve played a few tracks and it is so far off the map from what I (or I suspect anyone!) was expecting having vast orchestration, choirs etc. It’s so WTAF how can one not buy it? I’m in for a copy for sure, but I’ll hang-fire until pre-orders have gone up in the usual places just to see if there are any limited variants anywhere.

MotelBlues likes this.
  20. wezzywest

wezzywest Hell hath no Fury like a Bitter Remainer.