Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

A thread for forthcoming vinyl releases...

Discussion in 'music' started by windhoek, Sep 20, 2016.

1. joe9407

joe9407 actress/activist

I just sprang for the dee-luxe version of the Numero Group's set of 5 Pastor T.L. Barrett LPs. If you haven't heard "Like a Ship", I highly recommend checking it out!

[​IMG]

2. htm_1968

htm_1968 pfm Member

[​IMG]

Sault: Nine

Vinyl preorder available for October delivery. FLAC download available now from Bandcamp.

mikechadwick and joe9407 like this.
  3. Margin_walker

Margin_walker pfm Member

Just ordered that myself. Interesting concept - it's only available for 99 days (all formats, including streaming) then it's gone for good.

4. joe9407

joe9407 actress/activist

ordered mine, too. @Tony L -- get it while it's hot!

5. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Done!

joe9407 likes this.
  6. flapland

flapland pfm Member

Ordered mine at 7:50 this morning when I saw it had been released on streaming. Hopefully I won't have to wait until October but we will see.

7. Chris Tarling

Chris Tarling Yellow Hound

Good shout - just ordered a copy.
    Hope the pressing quality is better than the last releases.

8. MB_Rega

MB_Rega Member

Looking forward to Darkside's sophomore effort, Spiral released later in July. Just scored the Vinyl Me Please version of the first album, Psychic and love it.

9. Nero

Nero Call me 'Goose'

Just been spinning this. A bit odd, a concert in Nashville played to lots of cardboard cut-outs, but the recording quality is superb

[​IMG]

Richard Brewer likes this.
  10. deebster

deebster Half Man Half Biscuit

Dave Decadent likes this.
  11. boon

boon pfm Member

12. Nero

Nero Call me 'Goose'

13. boon

boon pfm Member

I would hazard a guess and say no, as there are only 3 lp’s. if it would have been 45rpm I would have expected it to have been a minimum of 12 sides, if that makes sense.
    Found some great sites in America whilst looking for 45rpm albums though, didn’t realise Pink Floyd had released their knebworth 1990 set as 45rpm, 7 tracks on 4 sides for less than $50.

14. Burrrrrton

Burrrrrton Member

How many cool recommendations! And I still listen to old records that I got from my parents. Of course, 40-50 years ago they knew how to make cool music!

15. fegs

fegs pfm Member

Ladies and Gentlemen is available as of today for pre order

htm_1968 likes this.
  16. htm_1968

htm_1968 pfm Member

I have the original pressing and I bought the Vinyl Me Please reissue of LAGWAFIS last year so I'll probably give this a miss. The other reissues this year have been pretty variable in quality, particularly in terms of Pure Phase which is horrible on the Glow In The Dark vinyl and not too clever on the black vinyl. We are not too impressed with quality control at Fat Possum in my house.

17. Featsdont

Featsdont pfm Member

2 new Steely Dan live releases coming in October

North East Corridor - The Steely Dan Band live - post Becker - track listing on Amazon but a pretty good best of.

Donald Fagen’s “The Nightfly Live” - performed by the Steely Dan Band (including Fagen) in 2019. This is the same track listing as the studio version. As the studio version is one of the best performed and produced albums of all time (imho) this may be a curate’s egg…

18. mentalp

mentalp pfm Member

19. htm_1968

htm_1968 pfm Member

20. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Available to order pre release here for £16.70
    https://www.rarewaves.com/products/0602435944494-the-nightfly-live?_pos=2&_sid=c61a88b1d&_ss=r