advertisement

A thread for forthcoming vinyl releases...

81R-gCBVI6L._SL1500_.jpg

It seems that on 25 November 2016 we will finally see the release of audio recording of Kate Bush Before The Dawn gig.
The info on the release has been leaking via various retailers from the beginning of this week, including HMV, yesterday the LP and CD versions popped up on Amazon Italy.
Digital versions show up as pre-orders on Amazon US and iTunes.

It is a shame there is no blu-ray or dvd, since the show was so spectacular and visuals were so tightly connected to the music. I just hope we will see the video recording one day.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Santana Abraxas, MOFI Limited Edition Ultradisc One Step recording, 2x45 discs. Amazon price is higher than some other sites, though, a Scottish site being cheapest I've seen.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01KHLQHLC/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

Ordered one, not sure whether I'll have to keep it unopened, but it'll almost certainly be played a bit, but frugally, as I have the old disc and cd.
£137.85!!!! Much that I love Santana, no thanks.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
This might be interesting if they make a good fist of Wind and Wuthering. Haven't heard anything about this project elsewhere but they made a nice job of Welcome to the Pleasuredome IMO

Cheers

I have my copy of Abraxas ordered at £110, still a lot more than I'd normally pay, but I did have permission, for an early Christmas present.
Just hoping that it sounds as good as the hype.

Very interested in the Intervention releases of Joe Jackson's library. Supposedly very high quality mastering and pressing. A bit steep in price though. Has anyone bought these and can comment on whether they're worth the dough?

In case anyone was put off by the original pre-order price of £24.28 for the Massive Attack vinyl reissue of Protection, it's now £18.00 delivered here at Amazon.

81l%2BVz2sPhL._SL1500_.jpg

Very interested in the Intervention releases of Joe Jackson's library. Supposedly very high quality mastering and pressing. A bit steep in price though. Has anyone bought these and can comment on whether they're worth the dough?

All are cut very hot, Look Sharp being the hottest to the point of sibilance breaking through. Not sure if its the recording or my system. Other than that I would give the mastering high marks. Very dramatic presentation overall. Would like to see them release more of his catalog.

Dead Can Dance are about to reissue the live album 'Toward The Within' on vinyl. Most of their other albums have already been reissued at least once but this particular one never has been and is, in my view, probably their best.

Dead Can Dance are about to reissue the live album 'Toward The Within' on vinyl. Most of their other albums have already been reissued at least once but this particular one never has been and is, in my view, probably their best.

This and 'Into The Labyrinth' are two of my faves. I followed them from their initial released waaaay back though always thought it was Gerrard that carried the music. I rarely listen to them now after a bit of an online spat with Brendan a few years back left a sour taste. When they were good they were stellar though.

advertisement

Back