advertisement

"A Saucerful of Secrets", vinyl, Amazon, £9.99

I used to work with a guy who was in the process of collecting every version of DSOTM released in every territory on every format, he reckoned at that time (pre Discogs) there were over 1500..

Do you know his score in the autism test?

How does that work, then? All Amazon stuff used to be postage free but I lost interest after they put the £20 limit on.

Awaiting first impressions of s.q., as I'm suspicious of newer reissues.
You pay £76 a year, and for that you get unlimited next day postage, and some other perks. So not free so much as massively subsidised, if you buy a lot of stuff from them

Won't be buying . . . still got an original copy from my younger days. :D Haven't played it for years - has it traveled well? Seem to remember it only worked with (a) a wonderfully naive mind (b) a darkened room and (c) some illegal substances (alcohol optional).

Thanks, Rob; there had to be a catch..........:)

Well actually Mike it’s a slightly smaller catch at the moment as Amazon Prime is available on a 1 month’s free trial basis. Just cancel it anytime prior to the month end. It’s quite useful if you tend to use them fairly regularly.

Cheers.....Dave

The title track is good, the rest is filler. But hey, this is Pink Floyd. I got my copy. Nice and heavy, lovely new sleeve etc, cant wait to give it a spin.

Erm, about Saucerful of Secrets... is the music on it that good ?

I bought 'A Nice Pair' many many years ago (with the 'Dr Phang' cover) and it was always the 'Piper' LP that got played most because it was a bit more up-tempo than 'Saucerful' and with more guitar work.

Over time, the preference has swapped with 'Saucerful' the one I play more. It has more atmosphere than 'Piper' and it's where they play as an ensemble than Syd + backing band. There's a certain laid back, almost cosy feel to the album with tracks like 'Remember a Day', 'Set the Controls' and 'See Saw'. My only regret is that it's not longer but there's always 'More'.

advertisement

Back