advertisement

A PFM catalogue of photographers we all should know.

I don’t have a photographer suggestion and can be argued it’s a subset of art but what about FOOD as a category?

note added 2 pages to catalogue. There is a pfm 20 image per post limit so I've added new posts and will continue to juggle to fit submissions to the limit.

PEDANT WANTED!
:)
I've spent a happy morning trying to make sure that all type spacing, and sizing and colour etc is uniform across the catalogue. If anyone spots something wrong, please do pipe up!
But not typeface. I'm cutting and pasting and have not tried to unify the fonts used. Think of it as a bit of fun? :rolleyes:

note added 2 pages to catalogue. There is a pfm 20 image per post limit so I've added new posts and will continue to juggle to fit submissions to the limit.

PEDANT WANTED!
:)
I've spent a happy morning trying to make sure that all type spacing, and sizing and colour etc is uniform across the catalogue. If anyone spots something wrong, please do pipe up!
But not typeface. I'm cutting and pasting and have not tried to unify the fonts used. Think of it as a bit of fun? :rolleyes:

Cracking stuff Mr Rockmeister - many thanks for making this work :) :)

Just to add to your woes though - PERFORMANCE has no entries which is a bit naughty on a HiFi forum :D

... so here goes one:

Pennie Smith
MUSIC and PERFORMANCE : PORTRAITS
https://www.anatomyfilms.com/pennie-smith-music-photography/

images

pic - https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...wJoViWYzrOLK7TJQFjHoGFD94GdBi6Cv8shc&usqp=CAU

Gunnar Smoliansky
not sure how to categorise - just nicely seen fragments
I've got a couple of books " One Picture at a time: Photographs 1952-2008" and "Diary"

"Now and then, I get on the subway into town with an old friend who’s also a photographer. We walk around the city and photograph the things that we see. Without becoming too literary and overthinking the scope of my work, it is as simple as this: When I see an opportunity to shoot a photo that could become mine, I press the shutter."

Gunnar_Smoliansky_88-763x768.jpg

I don’t have a photographer suggestion and can be argued it’s a subset of art but what about FOOD as a category?

Photography is most certainly not a subset of "art." That is what pretentious "art critics" would like to think, so as to "annex" it. It is like saying that baseball is a subset of cricket. Photography is photography, with its history, traditions, vocabulary and technicalities. (My personal rant).

Photography is most certainly not a subset of "art." That is what pretentious "art critics" would like to think, so as to "annex" it. It is like saying that baseball is a subset of cricket. Photography is photography, with its history, traditions, vocabulary and technicalities. (My personal rant).
You’ve misread Paul or I’ve worded it badly but I meant food as a subset of art.

You’ve misread Paul or I’ve worded it badly but I meant food as a subset of art.
If it keeps building like this, it may come to that Tuga! I'll do it if I need to. At the moment, although we have 4 0r 5 die hard contributors, a good few of those initially interested haven't come back yet, so I'm just waiting to see.

Mik Critchlow
SOCIAL DOCUMENTARY
"Throughout 42 years of my career as a documentary photographer I have always concentrated my projects on the experience of working class people living in marginalised communities throughout the United Kingdom. It was inevitable really, given that I came from a working class background"
https://www.mikcritchlow.com/
profile_images%2F1088858871337226240%2FhE1PW2iE_400x400.jpg

advertisement

Back