advertisement

A new type of pot/volume control

CJ14

O.H.
Well now forced to stay indoors and my pit I can do some R&D work so first project is a volume control using optics.
It will allow us to have any value and multi channel pots at any pre-fixed value i.e. 10R-1000MR and either Log/Anti Log or Linear well any curve you want basically.
The track sliding noise will go away and matching can be between 20% to 0.01%.
It can also be driven with a voltage reference or a R2 Ladder. The ref/control voltage will be set to 1.00V to 5.00V but with a simple attenuation network this could also be changed.
Pre-set lower and upper limit can also be set i.e. 158R Min to 1099R Max
The pot will have upper and lower BW limits 1Hz - 400KHz but special can be made.

PCB for this unit will be available from me or ABCaudio.
The unit can also be master slave configuration. For mixer and motor control references.

So watch out for it.

Here is a project I have been toying with for a while I am hoping to make available as a PCB/KIT soon. The best bit no nasty LDR' with the poison Cadmium, and you can set the range you want.

This non SMD version is 87mm x 66mm 1.6mm thick.
I thought non SMD for first time DIYers is best. 0102 resistors a wee bit small.

91569300_2563577433960322_212022018344747008_o.jpg

I have 5 prototype coming soon yippeee will not be so bored. If all goes well I will do a SMD version.

advertisement

Back