advertisement

A new belt for the Linn LP12

Mike P

Trade: Pickwell Audio
In addition to the Thorens belts that we launched a few weeks ago, we've also been developing a belt for the Linn LP12.

I sent out a few test samples and the feedback from my testers is starting to come in.

I think it's safe to say that Simon likes his :)

https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/today-i-am-a-small-blue-thing.265660/#post-4628183

Please note that Simon's set-up is non standard and he has a moveable motor. Because of this Simon has been using a 170mm diameter belt but the belt for a standard LP12 will be 165mm.

Having moved house I’m about to reassemble my full Klimax (+ Stiletto) LP12. I’d be very interested to try the new belt on that!

I'm expecting to have stock next week. If anyone wants to pre-order one, please send me a PM.

Update:

I decided to make a last minute tweak to the specification of the LP12 belt, which meant that we had to start again with the manufacturing.

The first 10 belts of which are due to be shipped to me today and I expect to have them next week.

I should have a decent amount of stock by the end of the month.

So sorry about the wait folks but I want them to be perfect.

Update:

I decided to make a last minute tweak to the specification of the LP12 belt, which meant that we had to start again with the manufacturing.

The first 10 belts of which are due to be shipped to me today and I expect to have them next week.

I should have a decent amount of stock by the end of the month.

So sorry about the wait folks but I want them to be perfect.
NP Mike, looking forward to it!

Just a note to folks - I bought one of these new belts for my Thorens TD145Mk2. It did not change the speed, but according to the app I used the wow numbers came down dramatically, from 0.15% RMS to 0.05% RMS. Whether I can hear the difference - I can't comment yet - not actually played an LP yet.

Just a note to folks - I bought one of these new belts for my Thorens TD145Mk2. It did not change the speed, but according to the app I used the wow numbers came down dramatically, from 0.15% RMS to 0.05% RMS. Whether I can hear the difference - I can't comment yet - not actually played an LP yet.

I got very similar results on my TD125. The wow came down from 0.2% to 0.06% when switching from a genuine Thorens belt to the bluebelt.

I've just received loads of stock of the TD125/127/160/166/145 etc belts.

I've also got plenty of the TD124 belts.

I'm delighted and relieved to be able to say that my stock of the LP12 belts arrived today.

I've just finished doing the postage for all the belts that have been paid for so far.

I'm delighted and relieved to be able to say that my stock of the LP12 belts arrived today.

I've just finished doing the postage for all the belts that have been paid for so far.
Thanks Mike, as I said before, looking forward to it.

I have a Radikal running my LP12 so had to purchase the larger belt ..please bear this in mind if you have such ..my belt arrived yesterday ,yet to try it

Quote“Please note that Simon's set-up is non standard and he has a moveable motor. Because of this Simon has been using a 170mm diameter belt but the belt for a standard LP12 will be 165mm.”quote

I mentioned that I had a Radikal after I asked for a belt the same as Simons .I was referencing the post that Simon started (see post 1 above ).That’s when I was told I needed a bigger belt ..
Perhaps the above quote isn’t explained enough.. I’m not sure what difference the smaller belt has .
As I said I haven’t tried mine yet .

advertisement

Back