advertisement

A new amp from Mission.

31307_778x_(black)__large_full.jpg

Where have I seen this before?

FRONT_Large-2_1024x10242x_1__38610.1606843502.png

menu_si.png

4ad416_054fec3e183f4b7badc66e6d99ba57e2~mv2.jpg

I much prefer (the look of) the shoebox Rega IO and Brio over any of these. Bunch of knobs!

I also prefer the look of the Rega IO over the Mission and Cyrus amp, but prefer the looks of all the above mentioned amps over the Brio.

Apart from the looks, I'm quite curious about the new Mission 778x sonic capabilities, and wonder how it compares to the good ol' classic Mission/Cyrus One/Two shoebox amps. (I have some very good memories of them)

In this price range this new Mission amp might be a winner. :)

There is probably more than just a passing resemblance to the Quad Vena 2. The same 200 VA toroidal, 2 x 15000 uf filter capacitance, power rating etc.

Not surprising considering the parent company. As an Audiolab user and fan of recent IAG designs this should be good.

It looks great I think but I would be surprised if sonically better than a brio. Although more functionality so a neat solution

Thanks, didn’t scroll down far enough but I still maintain putting the 4 ohm as the headline figure in their advertising blurb is sneaky.

Would be nice if they made a CD Transport to go with it, there are lots of affordable shoebox size amps around, fewer CDPs & CD Transports to go with them particularly since the Apollo went out of production.

TS

advertisement

Back