advertisement

A must for the car lover in your life

sean99

pfm Member
An ad for this fell out of this week's local paper. Who thinks of this stuff ? Parody and reality are now one.

https://www.bradfordexchange.com/products/113127001_corvette-tabletop-christmas-tree-.html

Nothing compares to the heart-pounding thrill of driving a Corvette®. Now you can bring that same adrenaline rush to your holidays with this first-ever illuminated Corvette tabletop Christmas tree with authentic engine revving sounds.

71D5b60MmkL._SL1000_.jpg

Selling Christmas decorations in February. Erm, I'm not sure that that particular marketing manager has really got the hang of this.

Ye gods, having looked at that website, I'm poking my eyes out with cocktail sticks!

I used to collect Franklin Mint adverts from someone's paper, Every "collectable" had a hand painted number on it. And every advert showed the same number, albeit in different colours. 168, IIRC.

I used to collect Franklin Mint adverts from someone's paper, Every "collectable" had a hand painted number on it. And every advert showed the same number, albeit in different colours. 168, IIRC.
The ads are probably more collectible than the actual ‘collectibles’ they’re peddling.

Collecting Corvettes - the Franklin Mint of 'sports cars' - in such decorative/close proximity ended just.so.well last time anyone tried:

NB apparently these too were considered 'priceless'.

advertisement

Back