advertisement

A and R A60 power Nad 7020 pre?

You can use either a standard 2 x RCA to 180º DIN, or a 4 x RCA to 180º DIN that is wired as tape interconnect, into the AP socket.

See pg. 7 of the manual here.

Last edited:
Hi retrospective and Craig

Agreed it can be done - but surely the tape output from the NAD 7020 ( ie the NAD's pre-amp signal ) should go into A&R Din pins 3 & 5 ie back into the A60 amp section ???
Happy to be corrected.
J

Hi Julian,

Of course, you are correct re: A&R DIN pins 3 & 5 being input. My comment about pins 1 and 4 (now removed) were in relation to using the A60AP as pre-amp, rather than the pre-amp section of the NAD; in which case an old Frietag (remember those?) 4 x RCA to 180º DIN tape interconnect would do.

On the NAD end, as with 3020, 7020 has 'pre-amp out' and 'normal in' sockets connected via U-shaped links. Were it a 7020e he'd need go tape out from the receiver.

Phew. Pins and Dins.....
Wasn't the NAD 7020 a souped up version of their classic 3020 ?
I had a NAD cassette deck for a while but did not like the NAD amplifier sound - back then.
J

The 7020 was the original NAD receiver; 3020 integrated amp + 4020 analog tuner.

You may be thinking of the tone control-less 3120 with split volume control.

Just bought another 7020 seemed less complicated lol..though i now have a better understanding of how the ap input works so i'll get some interconnects made up to take the guess work out of the equation.

Thanks all especially to Craig for the link

All the best

advertisement

Back