advertisement

4mm sockets for Briks

jimmymcfarrell

pfm Member
Does anyone know where I can source 4mm sockets of the same type Linn fitted to later Isobariks. Planning on separating the connections to individual drivers and need to add some more input sockets and I’ve seen this done where the additional sockets are indistinguishable from the original ones.

Were the originals not made by RS components or at least very similar? Nearest I can find these days are by Deltron but best check the dimensions, the length especially. They have indentations in the outer surround but otherwise they look the same.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/1822817727?iid=231101315102

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
You can tell that these were a bespoke design for Linn by how much force is required to fit/remove a fresh Deltron banana.

You will need quite a long body on the socket as you are mounting into a substantial cabinet rather than a metal chassis.

Richard Lines is decommisioning some bariks and is selling off the drivers, you could ask if he is happy to sell the spare connectors?

Thanks for the replies:

You will need quite a long body on the socket as you are mounting into a substantial cabinet rather than a metal chassis.

Yes that’s why I’m hoping to source something similar to the originals.
They're more substantial than the Deltron ones linked above. I used them when I did this to my Sara’s & had to rebate the inside of the cabinet slightly to make them work.

Richard Lines is decommisioning some bariks and is selling off the drivers, you could ask if he is happy to sell the spare connectors?

Will look up details to PM

Good Morning All,

They look like this.

Regards

Richard

CmpWOX3.jpg

advertisement

Back