advertisement

4-tier Mana Rack

Just to refresh my memory. I know the spike nuts should go beneath the horizontal cross members of the sound frames with boards and above the corner pieces on the mini table to support the glass of the final phase. But with the racks should they go under the metal part which holds the feet spikes in contact with the floor and also beneath all the metal corner pieces supporting wach piece of glass.

I think you have it wrong on the sound frames and mini table.

This is a bit I printed out and saved from the Mana Forum written by John Watson:

All bottom facing spikes (the longer pointed ones) have their locknuts on the bottom of all the stands.

The shorter stubbier ones are the upward facing spikes. Now on the Sound Bases, Sound Frames, and Sound Stages, the locknuts for the upward facing spikes go on the top of the frames, i.e. you should be able to see them from the top.

On the Mini Table/Reference Top, Sound Table, Equipment Racks and dedicated speaker stands., all the locknuts on the upward spikes go on from underneath, i.e. You should not be able to see them from the top.

Thanks John,
My mistake was including the mini table along with the sound frames and stages. If it has vertical angle metal uprights, even the short ones, you should never see any nuts from above. All the rest you should be able to see the nuts on the upward facing spikes and there is no distinction between boards and glass.

advertisement

Back