advertisement

3D TV

The problem is most decent sets now have 3d built in them whether you want it or not,Last years G30 Panasonics wher one of the few "Flagship" 2D models,although the new 50 series give even better results on 2D through having better panels/processors than models previous.
It's suprising that probably half the people with modern "HD" sets,don't actually watch HD,indeed most folk who have thes sets have got rid of perfectly servicable CRT sets,which ironically were far superior when viewing SD!!!!!

And there's probably even more folk with HD TVs who have access to HD broadcasts who still select the non-HD (SD) channel. :rolleyes:

I believe the Active 3D systems are the ones which can be tiring and the specs are expensive when the dogs eat them.

I bought a 37" 3D Philips because it's passive, the difference between it and the Panasonic Plasmas is subtle and because 2D is so much sharper.

I agree you need to be close to appreciate 3D, so we don't bother with it, but I do stream from Apple HD and the Cloud, Netflix etc with an ATV, it's Smart too, so has internet connectivity and it's analogue output sounds better than Panasonic, although broadcast sound, even through a DAC, is poor compared to an Apple download.

That's all my Media system is now, just a Smart 3D TV, an Apple TV, a pair of speakers and a sub.

And there's probably even more folk with HD TVs who have access to HD broadcasts who still select the non-HD (SD) channel. :rolleyes:

Yep agreed. Had a friend who had a PS3 hooked up to large HD LCD, via the composite cable that came in box! She had no idea, the PS3 could even play blu-rays... :eek:

advertisement

Back