advertisement

32.5 Volume Pot

slapup

Your local friendly bobby
I have a lovely vishay-dale stepped attenuator to replace the alps in my 32.5. Unfortunately have no idea how to wire it. Looking from the front of the amp, there are six pins on the 32.5 board:

4 5 6
1 2 3
:
:

Can anyone enlighten me as to what is what?

The left pin's/holes 4 and 1 are ground,centre ones 5 and 2 are out,right pins 6,3 are in.
Make sure you dont muddle these up for each channel ie:1,2,3 is one channel and 4,5,6 the other.
Solder 6 flying leads to the PCB,then fit the pot and connect up the other ends.
I think the pin connections for the attenuator are on the Ebay pictures.

Which attenuator did you go for?The standard one looks to be to big a diameter to fit,but they do a smaller version as well.

Paul.

Cheers Paul. It's the big one i think - it's going to be about as closer call as you can get! I've removed the foam padding from underneath the board and i think this will enable it to just fit. I think...

I emailed the seller a week or so ago,but I am still waiting for a reply.
I don't think you can go wrong for this sort of money,they certainly look the part.

Paul.

Hi. I agree - the workmanship is fantastic. Around £35 delivered - you can't go wrong. I'd email again if i were you as i've always tended to get replies within hours - very helpfully chappy. Wonder if he needs a 200% mark-up importer :D

This could be the answer to my problems!

I put my 20k DACT in my Onix which was originaly a 10k alps and it gave me a much better volume range.

I wonder if a 40k would work ok in my 62? (originally 20k)

Hi Fat Mat,

It's 5.7cm to be precise. It's a tight squeeze but worth it. Said the bishop to the nun.

Odd indeed. This is the second 32.5 i've had and they've both had 20K stickers on the back of the pot.

advertisement

Back