1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

2x Boxs Sets Celebrating 40 years of Factory Communications

Discussion in 'music' started by Gerard124, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Gerard124

Gerard124 pfm Member

2x Boxs Sets Celebrating 40 years of Factory Communications

Use Hearing Protection: Factory Records 1978-79 (Limited Edition Box)

£180.00

Pre-order - released on: 11/10/2019

Lift-top box including the first 10 numbered records and objects, with a 60 page exhibition style book, plus a bonus 12” single and 2CDs of unheard Joy Division interviews. Strictly limited and numbered to 4000 units WW.

Use Hearing Protection
    Factory Records 1978-1979 contains facsimile editions of the first 10 numbered Factory items: 4 vinyl records, 3 posters, a short film, Factory stationery and an egg-timer design. The early history of the label is traced in a 60 page book with text by James Nice, photos by Kevin Cummins and archival interviews with Tony Wilson, Rob Gretton, Joy Division and more.

All 3 original Factory posters are contained in the box as well as the first 4 records: The Factory Sample EP (Fac 2), All Night Party by A Certain Ratio (Fac 5), Electricity by Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (Fac 6) and classic album Unknown Pleasures by Joy Division (Fact 10).

Bonus items include a white label 12” single by The Tiller Boys (originally intended as FAC3 but ultimately not released), and a lengthy audio interview with Joy Division, Tony Wilson and Rob Gretton, conducted in August 1979 by journalist Mary Harron, never before heard and now restored across two CDs. Also newly restored, and seldom seen since 1979, is evocative 8mm short No City Fun (Fac 9), featuring music by Joy Division.

[​IMG]

Various Artists

Factory Communications 1978 - 92 (Limited Edition Silver 8LP)

£127.99

Pre-order - released on: 08/11/2019

Lift lid box with 8 x 180gram silver heavyweight vinyl and 40 page booklet, previously released on CD. Limited run of 500 units.

Factory Communications: 1978-92
    is an 8LP silver vinyl boxed set with a 40 page booklet. Being released as a limited run of 500 units, this box is a celebration of the 40th anniversary of Factory Records.

Originally released as a limited edition four CD collection in 2009, a tribute to the great Factory Records label as well as a dedication to the label's founder, the late Tony Wilson. The project celebrates 40 years of arguably the most important label in UK pop history, collating rare and obscure tracks from a diverse range of acts.

The set features 63 tracks including cuts from New Order, Joy Division, The Durutti Column, Happy Mondays, Electronic, A Certain Ratio, Section 25 and many others. Sleeve notes written by Paul Morley.

[​IMG]

2. Sloop John B

Sloop John B pfm Member

Think I’ll go to Graceland....

.sjb

mikechadwick likes this.
  3. Gerard124

Gerard124 pfm Member

I dont get it! Graceland?

Simon Dawson likes this.
  4. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

I think the idea was that Elvis was more attractive than Factory, or something along those lines...…………

A lot of ££ but very tempting, and it has just prompted me to dig out Cath Carroll, England Made Me - a beautiful chilled album.

5. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

Bit the bullet and have just ordered the 8 LP's……………………………………………….

6. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

Jeez, FAC 210 is FACing good...……………………………………... better than FACing good to be honest...……….

7. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Nice, but I’ve got way too much off each to make them a sensible purchase!

8. tobermory

tobermory Active Member

Me too. 40 quid shipping to Seattle, ouch.

9. mikechadwick

mikechadwick pfm Member

I’ve got the CD boxset from 2009 - no point buying the vinyl boxset. But......very tempted by the “Use Hearing Protection” set.

10. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

I had the CD box set, and now want it again. I’ll shave a rummage around discogs soon

11. tobermory

tobermory Active Member

Went to the exhibition accompanying this release, in Pimlico, London, the other week. Was great, and free to get in. Quite a small room but a great collection nevertheless. Mostly record sleeves, plus RG note books and what looked like an original ticket for the Pistols LFTH gig of JUne 4 1976 (Hooky's??) Show may be on a few more days, well worth a visit, and a great sandwich shop just up the road too.

Just finished Stephen Morris's memoirs, really good read, love the bit about them being billed one night as Joy Davidson, sultry chantuese ;)

Stu

Weekender likes this.