advertisement

2nd hand bike prices

AV8

pfm Member
I advertised a bike yesterday & the phone & email never stopped. I thought it was a reasonable price to begin with but if I was really devious I could probably have deleted it & readvertised for twice the price.

Going to a local school assistant hopefully today.

Is their a bike shortage or something ?

Same here. I've got a bike I struggled to give away earlier this year. That's normal, used bikes normally go for nothing.

Spoke to a friend this week who’s a bike mechanic, cycling instructor and she said it’s hard to get your hands on a bike in Glasgow- new and s/h have been snapped up.

Spoke to a friend this week who’s a bike mechanic, cycling instructor and she said it’s hard to get your hands on a bike in Glasgow- new and s/h have been snapped up.

Exactly the same in Edinburgh.

Gumtree seems to be the best sales medium. There also seems to be a significant rise in stolen bikes reported there. Prices are through the roof.

Was thinking of getting back on my bike more regularly and maybe trading it in for an electric bike, then went out and found the white van drivers are even more into getting points for cyclists, and that is on country roads.

You could spot the dealers a mile off, genuine people asked questions, I have 2 other people lined up if the first person declines.

advertisement

Back