advertisement

[FS] Auralic Aries Mini

Eugene

Identity crisis...
Highly regarded budget streamer that can handle Qobuz, Tidal, Amazon Music, Spotify Connect, AirPlay and Bluetooth. It’s Roon Ready and although that works as well as you’d expect, I found Auralic’s (free) Lightning DS app just as good for playback convenience.

It’ll also take a USB drive plugged in the back, and is currently fitted with an internal 240GB SSD. According to Auralic, there’s no upper limit on internal drive capacity as long as it’s 2.5” form factor, but I’ve never given it a go.

It’s in good condition except for a slight discolouration to the top and front of the case, likely to have be caused over time by heat dissipation from being sat on a DAC - difficult to capture in the pictures, not helped by the lighting that’s made everything look beige. The perils of using a white plastic case for audio gear!

Comes double-boxed with standard PSU, instructions and Torx key for accessing the internal drive bay.

Looking for £290 plus UK postage.

53643114451_bcae3122ba_c.jpg

53643452009_0d8942fe34_c.jpg

53643573940_9fc3e94930_c.jpg

Hi, did you ever have the chance to try this with an external, linear PSU? And if so, did you hear an improvement?

It was always on the to-do list but I never got round to it. I played it through an external DAC and I’d read stuff saying that there was minimal gain to be had by going linear so comforted myself at the cash saved.

Hi, did you ever have the chance to try this with an external, linear PSU? And if so, did you hear an improvement?
I have and there was a definite improvement. Mine is a Swagman Lab 15V psu. Performance with the standard psu is good however, I could happily live with it.

Hi @kimbleman, it’ll play Tidal, as it’s one of the streaming options available in the Lightning DS app. I’m not sure what resolution it goes up to though, as I’ve only used Qobuz and local files.

advertisement

Back