advertisement

$250K of new Audeze headphones stolen!

That's about 3 pairs of headphones at retail price then ;)

Just kidding... it's an unusual robbery since most people have no interest in audio kit. One would expect high-end TVs to be more attractive.

I may be cynical, but my initial instinct was "inside job", perhaps an insurance scam?

One of the good things about using Mana is no burglar in their right mind would fancy stealing it because it's lacks bling factor and therefore has very little value to the untrained eye and is as heavy as bloody elephant! Besides, setting it up again is a pita :)

One of the good things about using Mana is no burglar in their right mind would fancy stealing it because it's lacks bling factor and therefore has very little value to the untrained eye and is as heavy as bloody elephant! Besides, setting it up again is a pita :)

Any knowledgeable thief would probably figure you'd been done already:D

Now if they had been Beats, the thief might be rolling in the green, after all, they sell themselves....

Now if they had been Beats, the thief might be rolling in the green, after all, they sell themselves....
Most of the Beats you see around are fakes. The shopping malls are full of them in SE Asia and I see the Western tourists buying

Beats has peaked anyway, the headphone line will not last long at apple and will in my expectation be spun off as a separate division that can make a profit for apple or as soon as it becomes a liability be closed down and written off.

I had never heard of this company before and I must say they look very well made headphones indeed. Electrostats. Mmmmm.

I had never heard of this company before and I must say they look very well made headphones indeed. Electrostats. Mmmmm.

Well, to be pedantic they're planar magnetic drivers. Same difference, you might say.

I was quite close to buying some a couple of years ago, but went for the similarly priced Hifiman model instead, as I found it a smidge more comfortable.

Anyway, they really are excellent. So the thieves have done a good day's work.

Oops, yes my bad. Very different, similar end...

I have been considering getting some decent headphones as my other half has started using my beyer dt990pros to watch TV shows in her office or bed when I am playing music (and I get a bit fussy over ear hygiene issues). Hifiman were also a shortlist. The 560s seem to hit a sweet spot for a lot over on head fi.

Oh bad boy, bad bad bad naughty boy!

Well, to be pedantic they're planar magnetic drivers. Same difference, you might say.

I was quite close to buying some a couple of years ago, but went for the similarly priced Hifiman model instead, as I found it a smidge more comfortable.

Anyway, they really are excellent. So the thieves have done a good day's work.

The HiFiMan HE-560 and even the 400i are superb phones.

There is no excuse or jokes to be made about robbery; it's simply a crime that should never happen and always affects people that need their jobs.

I wish Audeze well in their recovery.

Peter

It was very much a smash and grab operation. They took a Rega turntable that was missing most of its parts because we were fixing it. They took headphone amplifiers without their power supplies, etc. Even at Harmony, where the theft was really devastating, they did things like take only one Bowers & Wilkins 802 loudspeaker.

One can only imagine the comic potential when the thieves go through their haul and realise it's not "complete". I'm reminded of this:
[YOUTUBE]-46RvF-P8lw[/YOUTUBE]

advertisement

Back