Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[WTD] 20mm x 5mm 1A internal fuse

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Magic, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Magic

Magic Hifi Whore Dah?

I need a 20mm x 5mm 1A Slow Blow internal fuse as the one in my Ion Oblelisk has gone. I'd normally get a pack from Rapid, but it's delivery only @ present.

Anyone got a spare(s) so I can get it going again (assuming that's the only problem)?

I'd consider something a bit more esoteric/aftermarket, but not going to spend big on it (<£30)

2. booja30

booja30 pfm Member

3. Magic

Magic Hifi Whore Dah?

How much is that including postage? If I end up spending £10+ I'd rather have something a bit better, rather than another 4 that I don't need.

If it comes to that I'll wait 3 weeks & pickup a multipack from Rapid once they reopen their Counter service.

4. booja30

booja30 pfm Member

Better? It's a fuse!

Anyway, if your Obelisk is blowing fuses you might want some extra for 'debugging'.

chartz, peterm, JimmyB and 1 other person like this.
  5. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

^^^^ LOL................................................

I'd say more but might offend the OP. :)

peterm and JimmyB like this.
  6. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

If you pm me your address I`ll send you a couple FOC but you have to promise you won`t then go and spend £stupid on a Foo fuse. If the fuse blows again you have a problem.

peterm and booja30 like this.
  7. Magic

Magic Hifi Whore Dah?

Sorry if I sound a bit pissy. I am fully aware I can buy a packet of cheap glass fuses online (& pay a significant delivery charge).

8. Magic

Magic Hifi Whore Dah?

Barry,

Thanks for that. Very generous. I was only willing to go for a pricey one if I was going to spend that much on a packet of cheap ones.

I'll PM you.

Jules

9. peterm

peterm pfm Member

10. awkwardbydesign

awkwardbydesign Officially Awesome

Personally I go for Bussmann fuses from RS. Open an account, and it's free delivery.

booja30 likes this.
  11. peterm

peterm pfm Member

If it's an internal fault and you put a £30 fuse (!) in and it blows again you've just wasted £30!

Put a cheap fuse in and if works you are free to pay whatever you like for a "better" fuse with the knowledge that the fuse wasn't the fault.

booja30 likes this.
  12. booja30

booja30 pfm Member

Like I said, I don't know. I'm in Spain. But I'm sure you can find some with free delivery.

13. chartz

chartz pfm Member

Hi-fi fuses are one of the biggest scams ever. A disgrace on science. They might as well be called Boiron fuses.
    Keep your money.

JimmyB and booja30 like this.