advertisement

2021 New Album Recommendations

The Sarathy Korwar direct cut on Night Dreamer is very good (one side is 45 rpm, which threw me, I kind of liked it at 33, a nice ambient groove!).

This Coma World album is pretty good, it’s a side-project from The Comet Is Coming drummer Betamax and kind of has echoes of the first A Certain Ratio album. Naff packaging though, didn’t even have an inner sleeve so landed with a few hairlines. Long gone now so a meaningless warning.

I don’t think I’ve bought much else with this years date-stamp, though I’m waiting for a few pre-orders to land. Some stuff e.g. the last Utopia Strong and the Binker & Golding live double straddled the new year being pre-ordered before Christmas and landing in the new year. There still looks to be some of the B&G left which surprises me given it was only a 500 issue, great if you like stripped down fairly free sax and drums, which I do, obvs.

Another that spanned the year was the Str4ta Aspects album, another London jazz scene project that kind of re-imagines 80s underground jazz-funk/fusion club stuff. It is really good, funky as hell, just full of great grooves. I snagged the white label limited edition with stickers last year, though it now has a conventional release. Worth a listen for sure.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Arcade Fire apparently have a release imminent

The Cure are also rumoured to be releasing their 14th album this year

Jane Weaver's new album "Flock" is out at the beginning of March, I'm really looking forward to this one

Arcade Fire apparently have a release imminent

The Cure are also rumoured to be releasing their 14th album this year

Jane Weaver's new album "Flock" is out at the beginning of March, I'm really looking forward to this one

I’ve missed 13 Cure albums already this year??

The Matt Berninger album came out last year, although @Whaleblue you can now pick up a copy with the extra cover version tracks on that we mentioned previously that were only on the limited vinyl.

I've been listening to the Black Country New Road album but I'm a bit mixed on it, some tracks are amazing others not so much.

The Matt Berninger album came out last year, although @Whaleblue you can now pick up a copy with the extra cover version tracks on that we mentioned previously that were only on the limited vinyl.

I've been listening to the Black Country New Road album but I'm a bit mixed on it, some tracks are amazing others not so much.

Ah, excellent. Download only?

Arab Strap’s new album is going to be a blinder if the early tracks released on Spotify are anything to go by.
Also the Caberet Voltaire Shadow of Funk is also on pre-order.

Black Country New Road appear to be this years big thing on 6 Music. The album didn’t do much for me in first listen, I’ll give it another go this week.

Cheers BB

Black Country New Road appear to be this years big thing on 6 Music. The album didn’t do much for me in first listen, I’ll give it another go this week.

Cheers BB

Yeah, I liked the singles from last year so pre ordered the vinyl. But I'm not as blown away by it as all the hype suggests. I'll give it a few more tries, it's tough going.

advertisement

Back