advertisement

2021 Beatles Let It Be

But he still gave it three stars! Ha!
I started watching it this afternoon - max 90 minutes viewing per day for the next few days. Got to say that so far I agree with Alex Petridis - it's got it's moments and SQ & IQ are excellent but there's a lot of waffle.

Last edited:
Saw Part 1 last night - yes it’s a bit long-winded at times, but for the most part it is utterly compelling for a Beatles fan. To watch McCartney start to form/build the Long and Winding Road and Let it Be is truly magical. Ringo’s admiration for him as he does this is something to behold.

The other thing is how productive they are; Part one covers about a week and they do an amazing amount of work in that time on the songs. By contrast, think how modern groups take 3+ years between albums. The energy and focus to create something in each session is astonishing.

I watched all 3 parts on Fri and last night. I’m not a Beatles obsessive but I love Abbey Road and Let it Be.

I found it fascinating and I enjoyed it - yes, at 8 hrs, there was a lot of padding but the insights for me - eg the friction between Paul and George, the introduction of Billy Preston (superb!), the presence of Linda and Yoko, and Glyn Johns as engineer and effectively producer - were well worth watching.

The other thing is how productive they are; Part one covers about a week and they do an amazing amount of work in that time on the songs. By contrast, think how modern groups take 3+ years between albums. The energy and focus to create something in each session is astonishing.

And this was only three months after they had finished recording the White Album.

Does anyone have any idea why I can't find this on my daughter's subscription to Disney+...? It just isn't there. Am I being stupid...?

Does anyone have any idea why I can't find this on my daughter's subscription to Disney+...? It just isn't there. Am I being stupid...?
It literally comes up on the scrolling “latest” items at the top of the screen, first item. If it’s not there is it a parental guidance switch thing?

It literally comes up on the scrolling “latest” items at the top of the screen, first item. If it’s not there is it a parental guidance switch thing?

Thanks. It's not there so I'll see if I can alter the parental guidance settings.

advertisement

Back