Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

2017 upgraditus

Discussion in 'audio' started by Galty, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Robby

Robby pfm Member

Thanks. Same to you with the Hegel - another brand I have not heard or owned but by reputation they are supposed to be superb.

2. Galty

Galty Well-Known Member

Hi Robby....that would be my next move a sugden...how do you find it and yes a masterclass will be your next purchase HAHAHA!

3. Robby

Robby pfm Member

The Sugden, to be honest, was (and is) a complete revelation to my ears. Not what I was expecting at all - I anticipated a warm, old fashioned valve like sound. Nothing could be further from the truth. It has the attributes of a good valve amp in that it has a non-fatiguing presentation but it is also fast and detailed.

I have owned a number amplifiers over the years and this one seems to be one of the most natural I have heard. It is also one of the most balanced amps I have had with superb bass and natural treble.

The midrange is also superb - not quite on a level with the Croft Amps I had before - but not far of and the bass is significantly better than the Croft for less "on paper" power.

I could go on and on. If you can loan one I would.

4. Rockmeister

Rockmeister pfm Member

Yup I love sugdens. Never owned one but each time I hear one I think 'why not'?
    Amp/speaker synergy as a concept comes and goes in HiFi fashion, but proac/sugden never, ever goes out of fashion.
    Am also happy to admit that, whilst the 21 is a fine amp, the masterclass is something astonishing, worldclass and lovely. Like Quad electrostatics, every audiophool should own a masterclass at some point.

5. Galty

Galty Well-Known Member

There was a nice masterclass on eBay....wonder if it's still for sale?