advertisement

2016 Formula 1 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
F1 is about teams, drivers, money, politics, race tactics by drivers and teams, driver and employee changes, people being sacked, a few crashes, the rich and famous not to mention the odd falling out or an exchange of very heated opinions and of course a favourite driver or country that one prefers to support.

I don't see any other threads on PFM about any other form of motor sport, so F1 must being doing something right to be able to have as much debate on here as it does.

F1 is on free to air tv and advertised when it's on.

Is any other motorsport?

NASCAR is run primarily as entertainment like the NFL. The main aim is to sell beer and get close competition like the NFL. You can accentuate the differences if you wish, but if NFL-style manipulation could make NASCAR 'better', they are doing it or have tried it I'm sure.

But again your point is preposterous. The only connection between NASCAR and the NFL is that they are American sports and they really have nothing in common. NBA and MLB have not copied the NFL so the idea that a niche motorsport only watched in about 1/3rd of the country would if it could is just nonsense.

One might be forgiven for thinking you just don't like American sports.

Given the driver situation then I could easily see Paddy off to Williams and Bottas off to Merc.

Paddy wants more of a team boss role and he is not going to get that at Mercedes. Also he inherited everything needed to win from Ross Brawn and Bob Bell. The processes that they left in place are still being used with the people doing the work optimizing them still further, and Paddy has had little if any much impact on these tasks, that are essential to win.

So Paddy is looking at the future (he is very good at that and seeing things that others do not) and seeing Merc team not being as dominant as RBR etc catch up and so jumping ship he has the chance to turn Williams round, who need some more modern technical leadership and possibly getting some team management / ownership in the process.

Ok, the main aim of the NFL is not to sell beer, anymore than the main aim of F1 is to sell Longines watches.

There is no "manipulation" in NFL, just some rules and regulations that apply to everyone.

Quest for rallycross , the rest on itv 4 which also does btcc and the other classes that go with it

Thanks! :)

I turned spanners with a championship rallycross team back in 1988/90. Heady days with lots of sponsorship money being thrown around and trips to Ireland and Ulster. I was in the RAF at the time, so crossing the border was a nervous moment in my life. Great racing, people and social life, and all for free. Thankfully I appreciated it all at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back