advertisement

2015-2016 Premiership Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an amazing weekend for the promoted clubs and the Leicester story just keeps on giving.

Arsenal v City Monday night should be interesting as you'd expect both of these to be in the final shake up but are either of them playing as well as Leicester right now? Maybe Arsenal are edging it on form over City but both have plenty of players to come back from injury for the title run in.

Leicester can really shake things up by having a good January transfer window, why waste this one off chance of a title? Chances are that Vardy & Mahrez will be gone in the summer no matter where they finish, so they might as go for it.

Plenty of pundits are saying that the quality has dropped this year because the usual suspects aren't filling the top spots. i don't know if it's down to improvement from the rest or if they are correct but i'll bet the casual fan doesn't care as it's great to see the smaller clubs well up the table.

Watford beating Liverpool, Man Ud losing at home to Norwich...football eh? ;)

Who are "our" in this case please?

Rob.
2F7B632900000578-3365109-image-a-52_1450572474777.jpg

News is starting to come through that the FIFA Ethics Committee have banned Blatter and Platini for eight years, which you can read about here.

They are also going to be fined.

They should be banned for life, just like the drugs cheats should be. For some reason this never seems to happen to athletes and footballers.

Even Lance Armstrong might get his lifetime ban reduced to eight years, according to Travis Tygart, head of the United States Anti-Doping Agency (Usada).

Just bang them up and throw away they key.

Jack

To be fair the Marc's came back into it in the second half and pulled it back to 2-1
The Arse should have wrapped it up before making a meal out of it.

I read some interesting comments about City's lack of defensive discipline. Apparently they spend very little time in training working on maintaining their shape. Certainly Arsenal seemed to be cutting through them at will for the first hour.

If Aguero & Silva don't perform they do look very ordinary. It's difficult to see those two & Kompany ever having a sustained period of all being fit together at the same time.

Pellegrini will be gone but will it be Guardiola that replaces him?

I read some interesting comments about City's lack of defensive discipline. Apparently they spend very little time in training working on maintaining their shape. Certainly Arsenal seemed to be cutting through them at will for the first hour.

If Aguero & Silva don't perform they do look very ordinary. It's difficult to see those two & Kompany ever having a sustained period of all being fit together at the same time.

Jose - Man Utd.
Pep - Man City.
Simeone - Chelsea?

I was also thinking that it will be Jose for Utd, Pep at City and Simone to Chelsea. Simone is great, but he doesn't have the talent or experience of Mourinho.

Apparently Simone has been in talks with Stamford Bridge for the last month, according to one newspaper rumour I saw.

The Daily Mail have a story today that Abramovich has told Guardiola that money is no object.

The Mail reports: "Chelsea are hoping the lure of a London lifestyle could be their trump card as they prepare a massive financial package to beat Manchester City to Pep Guardiola.

"Roman Abramovich is refusing to give up on Guardiola - who walked away from a deal to move to Chelsea in 2012 - after he confirmed that he is leaving Bayern Munich.

"City are favourites to land the 44-year-old Spaniard, but Chelsea’s billionaire owner is not only willing to make him the world’s highest paid manager but also to fund a massive overhaul of the playing staff."

Guardiola thinks that Chelsea need to buy 10 new players and maybe Abramovich will underwrite this. Plus apparently Guardiola's better half, Cristina Serra, would prefer to live in London.

I didn't see the Arses vs City game, but if they are so ordinary without Aguero, Silva and Kompany, the odds on where Pep will go are different.

We'll have to see what he says in a promised statement later in the week.

Jack

Still hoping Utd don't hire Jose. I don't particularly like the way his sides play, I don't think his record on signings is that great, he lets good players go & doesn't bring young players through well. At least LvG does seem to want to bring youth through. Jose's methods eventually lead to an unhappy squad and never seem to include a longer term vision.

Still hoping Utd don't hire Jose. I don't particularly like the way his sides play, I don't think his record on signings is that great, he lets good players go & doesn't bring young players through well. At least LvG does seem to want to bring youth through. Jose's methods eventually lead to an unhappy squad and never seem to include a longer term vision.

The only time this didn't seem to happen is with Inter Milan where he left, it appears, on extremely good terms, tears etc players not wanting him to leave etc. They haven't been at that level since winning I believe their treble that year, and even Samuel E'to playing well and tracking back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back