advertisement

2011 upgrade dreams

ampman

pfm Member
Well, I'm not much of a serial box changer, and I don't see things getting much better at work, but I do have a beady eye on one or 2 things. What are your upgrade dreams for 2011?

Me - Compact 7 ES2, auctioned off for ES3's or Super HL5's (moving in March)

Leben CS300 - for a CS600.

CEC TL51xr- keep but maybe get a DAC

QED 79 strand for QED 80 strand.

As you can see, I'm closed minded - it's safe.

That should leave me broke.

The Vivid sub-chassis and armboard are on their way and the recapping (some teflons) and reresistoring (some Vishay/ Charcrofts) of my P10 with Salas Mosfet HT shunt regulation and power supply in a separate box should be done by February with a bit of luck.

Things I'm considering:
- A valve pre-amp in between my processor and power amp
- New mains spur for the system
My system does sound pretty good already, just looking at the icing on the cake now.

a golden ratio listening room with short wall of minimum 15 feet. A sloping roof with forty five degree intersection with the back wall and thousands of pounds worth of relationship threTening acoustic treatment... or some sort of dac, digital pre-amp, room correction box that does it all with decent quality A to D built in.

Don't worry about it Raj, I'm seeing a woman older than me. She's nearly old enough for "classic" status, certainly I don't need to pay for a tax disc.:p

Onto the hif, I want to finish off the UberDeck that came to the bake off, and I'll fit a second arm while I'm at it. A nice 3009 out of the bits box.

Still mulling over phono stage replacement. If I can find a Quasar at the right price, then maybe that. New cart will probably be required too, prolly an OC9 unless something else an beat it for the price.

advertisement

Back