Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

2011 upgrade dreams

Discussion in 'audio' started by ampman, Dec 26, 2010.

1. ampman

ampman pfm Member

Well, I'm not much of a serial box changer, and I don't see things getting much better at work, but I do have a beady eye on one or 2 things. What are your upgrade dreams for 2011?

Me - Compact 7 ES2, auctioned off for ES3's or Super HL5's (moving in March)

Leben CS300 - for a CS600.

CEC TL51xr- keep but maybe get a DAC

QED 79 strand for QED 80 strand.

As you can see, I'm closed minded - it's safe.

That should leave me broke.

2. James

James Lord of the Erg\o/s

Maybe a Greenstreet subchassis for my LP12.

James

3. JohnW

JohnW pfm member

Getting my Martin Logan CLSII's working once again, they need new ESL panels.

John

4. __mark__

__mark__ Is SET

Sonneteer Orton I really want to hear.

5. Still

Still he said his naim was ralph

A TT - leaning towards Well Tempered Amadeus.

6. flatpopely

flatpopely Prog Rock/Moderator

Aro (just needs fitting)
    Albarry Monoblocks (just need buying!)

7. Chris

Chris pfm Member

The Vivid sub-chassis and armboard are on their way and the recapping (some teflons) and reresistoring (some Vishay/ Charcrofts) of my P10 with Salas Mosfet HT shunt regulation and power supply in a separate box should be done by February with a bit of luck.

8. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe pfm Member

Things I'm considering:
    - A valve pre-amp in between my processor and power amp
    - New mains spur for the system
    My system does sound pretty good already, just looking at the icing on the cake now.

9. ampman

ampman pfm Member

I forgot......Any mullard el84s will be gathered

10. flatpopely

flatpopely Prog Rock/Moderator

Maybe a Urika as well!

11. sq225917

sq225917 Bit of this, bit of that

a golden ratio listening room with short wall of minimum 15 feet. A sloping roof with forty five degree intersection with the back wall and thousands of pounds worth of relationship threTening acoustic treatment... or some sort of dac, digital pre-amp, room correction box that does it all with decent quality A to D built in.

12. Basil

Basil Harbethian

13. Would like to build a really good and totally silent music server. With 110ohms output.

14. IF 'upgrading for 2011' isn't solely for hifi, then the wifes next :D after all, she is 36 now ...

15. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Don't worry about it Raj, I'm seeing a woman older than me. She's nearly old enough for "classic" status, certainly I don't need to pay for a tax disc.:p

16. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Onto the hif, I want to finish off the UberDeck that came to the bake off, and I'll fit a second arm while I'm at it. A nice 3009 out of the bits box.

17. johnfromnorwich

johnfromnorwich even my wife noticed the dif..

Still mulling over phono stage replacement. If I can find a Quasar at the right price, then maybe that. New cart will probably be required too, prolly an OC9 unless something else an beat it for the price.

18. AdamWysokinski

AdamWysokinski Mmm... music...

More music :)
    And maybe a Black Ittok if I manage to find one..

19. Klyde

Klyde pfm Member

A little DAC maybe, to play WAV's from ripped CD's.

20. Sovereign

Sovereign pfm Member

A lot changed in 2010
    I would like a DAC upgrade.
    I would also like to make an oak hifi rack.