advertisement

20 Year Old Rotel CD Has Died - What Should I get to Replace It?

There are dozens of players around for loose change in SH shops and the local paper - Rotel 965, Denon 1015, Marantz 63 all spring to mind, they cost pennies and are great. It's an ideal get you home solution, when you have a better one the thing goes back in the paper.

My brother is still using my CD-63SE, it has never missed a beat. It's nothing too special as a standalone player, not in the context of new budget players at any rate. However, I very much doubt that most new budget players are as well made and the transport is reputedly its strong point, so as you have a DAC I would imagine it is a very good option. They frequently turn up in Bulmers (York) around the £30 mark, at that price I'd say it was definitely worth a try!

My brother is still using my CD-63SE, it has never missed a beat. It's nothing too special as a standalone player, not in the context of new budget players at any rate. However, I very much doubt that most new budget players are as well made and the transport is reputedly its strong point, so as you have a DAC I would imagine it is a very good option. They frequently turn up in Bulmers (York) around the £30 mark, at that price I'd say it was definitely worth a try!

Sounds great and York is my local shopping haunt. One question, where is Bulmers?

Cheers,
Robert

The Oppo BPD-83 and 83SE are wonderful players. I don't know if they're sold on your side of the "pond", but you can read the reviews. The can't be beat for the price.
Mike

advertisement

Back