advertisement

20% off at Music Magpie...

Marchbanks

Hat and Beard member
...today and tomorrow if you go through eBay, spend £20 minimum and add the code PAYME20 at the checkout. I think the max discount you can get is £80. T&Cs here -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/rpp/payme20?_trkparms=&clkid=8011712533243041860

In addition to all the second-hand stuff there are a few new goodies too, including Mingus’ Black Saint and Plays Piano on Superior Viaduct for c.£16 each after discount, which is tempting. They are listed as CDs in the titles, but show as vinyl lower down the description. And the catalogue number given confirms it.

Edit: the link doesn’t work, but takes you to eBay where the promo is shown in a small box at the top of the page.

Last edited:
This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Thanks for this; I've ordered the 2 Mingus's, with a message to the seller to hopefully clarify that they are indeed LPs rather than CDs.

Thanks for this; I've ordered the 2 Mingus's, with a message to the seller to hopefully clarify that they are indeed LPs rather than CDs.

I bought them too, but didn’t think about a message until afterwards. So I’ve taken screenshots including the listing number and the description in case of mishap.

It seems you can only get 20% off on one visit, which means I wouldn’t be able to go back for the Coltrane box linked to by Sean above. Probably no bad thing!

Thanks for the heads up on this.
Picked up the Mingus Black Saint for £16, Fela Kuti Box Set Vol 4 for £57.54, plus a couple of Poppydisc Sun ra reissues for £10 each: Sun Ra Jazz Vol 1, & Sun Ra Supersonic Jazz.

Mine have arrived, definitely vinyl, decent mailers, look very nice.

BTW apologies if anyone here bought the 1st UK pressing of Black Saint on eBay a couple of days ago. It was me that pushed you up to nearly 40 smackers.

Mine have arrived too. Black Saint very good but Plays Piano is warped. Gutted I missed the Fela Kuti box set.

I emailed asking for a replacement and they are offering refund on return. I said I wanted a replacement not a refund. Perhaps this will be yet another annoying saga; let's see.

My last one arrived today, Ornette's To Whom Keeps a Record. Nasty scuffs.

I'm finding the quality of Superior Viaduct pressings very hit and miss. I'm guessing they're using a number of different plants.

Just ordered Black Saint but didn't know there was a discount. Hopefully when it arrives it won't be warped. I looked for ages for an Impulse version that was a reasonable price - but to no avail.

advertisement

Back