Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

2 x RCA phono into 3pin XLR

Discussion in 'audio' started by Bruv Sawney, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Bruv Sawney

Bruv Sawney Well-Known Member

I’ve just arranged the purchase of an Avondale Grad 1/TPX2 preamp/power supply from the classifieds.

In order to connect this to my Avondaled NAP250 I’m going to need a “2 x RCA phono into 3pin XLR’ interconnect. I’ve done a Google search and, apart from some cheapies on Amazon, I can’t find anything!

Can anyone recommend a supplier for a decent quality, reasonably priced interconnect.

2. Avon

Avon pfm Member

3. Bruv Sawney

4. ChrisS

ChrisS pfm Member

Maybe contact Les and see if he has one/can make one? Failing that, I might try the designacable custom option or possibly something custom from soundsheavenly.

5. windhoek

windhoek The Phoolosopher

Mark Grant will make a bespoke cable as well.

6. Richard Lines

Richard Lines pfm Member

7. Whatsisnaim

Whatsisnaim pfm Member

Designacable could make you one for sure, as could Bluejeans, Chord, Mark Grant or pretty much any cable supplier. Also look out for Naim or Chord versions on eBay.

8. darKchina811

darKchina811 Active Member

I could make one as well.

JezmondTutu likes this.
  9. robbyd

robbyd pfm Member

10. darKchina811

no, that is not what OP needs.

11. robbyd

robbyd pfm Member

12. darKchina811

yes, that is the concept of what he needs.

female RCAs if you want to then use a M-M RCA cable from the source, but most importantly the XLR should be a male.

13. JezmondTutu

JezmondTutu pfm Member

Yes - it’s male XLR to x2 RCA phono’s. Zener made mine when he also made my ZAP250 years ago. I need to keep it as I have variable output sources that need RCA’s.

eBay suggests it’s hard to source a standard cable (I had no idea) but the suggestions are most helpful. Bruv, it looks like you’ll be sorted, but if not I can always ping Zener a message.

14. mickhick1

mickhick1 pfm Member

I have an after market one purchased earlier this year, I was trying to sell it, along with some other NAP 250 input cables back in June. It's not fancy but works fine. I used it to connect a non Naim preamp to the Avondaled 250 I sold to you earlier this year.
    I should still have your address so will pop it in the post if you want it. FOC.

15. mickhick1

mickhick1 pfm Member

I just remembered, you collected the amp from me so I don't have your address. Send me a PM with it if you want it.

16. John Phillips

John Phillips pfm Member

Ben&Ted likes this.
  17. Bruv Sawney

Hi Mick,

Thanks for that, just what I needed! I’ll pm you my address!

Cheers,

Bruv

18. Ben&Ted

Ben&Ted pfm Member

John Phillips likes this.
  19. runforfree69

runforfree69 Spinning vinyl

Hificollective will make you a cable the system deserves.