advertisement

2 x RCA phono into 3pin XLR

Bruv Sawney

pfm Member
I’ve just arranged the purchase of an Avondale Grad 1/TPX2 preamp/power supply from the classifieds.

In order to connect this to my Avondaled NAP250 I’m going to need a “2 x RCA phono into 3pin XLR’ interconnect. I’ve done a Google search and, apart from some cheapies on Amazon, I can’t find anything!

Can anyone recommend a supplier for a decent quality, reasonably priced interconnect.

Can anyone recommend a supplier for a decent quality, reasonably priced interconnect.

Maybe contact Les and see if he has one/can make one? Failing that, I might try the designacable custom option or possibly something custom from soundsheavenly.

Designacable could make you one for sure, as could Bluejeans, Chord, Mark Grant or pretty much any cable supplier. Also look out for Naim or Chord versions on eBay.

yes, that is the concept of what he needs.

female RCAs if you want to then use a M-M RCA cable from the source, but most importantly the XLR should be a male.

Yes - it’s male XLR to x2 RCA phono’s. Zener made mine when he also made my ZAP250 years ago. I need to keep it as I have variable output sources that need RCA’s.

eBay suggests it’s hard to source a standard cable (I had no idea) but the suggestions are most helpful. Bruv, it looks like you’ll be sorted, but if not I can always ping Zener a message.

I have an after market one purchased earlier this year, I was trying to sell it, along with some other NAP 250 input cables back in June. It's not fancy but works fine. I used it to connect a non Naim preamp to the Avondaled 250 I sold to you earlier this year.
I should still have your address so will pop it in the post if you want it. FOC.

I just remembered, you collected the amp from me so I don't have your address. Send me a PM with it if you want it.

advertisement

Back