advertisement

2 systems 1 sub?

ljcarr

i have no idea what im talking about
Can anyone advise me or point to some online info (I have looked) on what’s the best way of using a single subwoofer with both a sound bar and a 2 channel hifi system.

Currently have a Cambridge audio Minx X301 connected to the sound bar via digital coaxial. The sub dose not have high level inputs! That’s why I’m asking I my need a new sub?

Wouldn't you cause some level of interference by connecting it to the two separate systems?

Surely if you have something connected (whether sending the signal to the other end) there will be some level of interference? I am thinking back to when I had my AV amp connected via a single input on my 2 channel amp, there was still some level of connection.

You woukd need to check with the manufacturer that it’s going to work. Even if you can switch between inputs at will, you might have grounding issues with two connections.

Are you sure the sound bar is connected via digital coaxia to the sub?

The 301 has stereo rca inputs (low level) so as long as your sound bar and Hifi have sub/pre outputs you could connect one device to the left and the other to the right input on the sub. I did this for ages with an old quad sub and it worked well enough, though did find that the best crossover setting was a bit of a compromise in order to work with tv and music.

advertisement

Back