advertisement

2 p's and a q

Yani

pfm Member
Is there anyone using the latest generation Audiolabs in this configuration to Bi amp. I am interested to hear what results they got and if this route is worthwhile. I have Celestion A1 standmounts which are 4 ohm and which need a decent power delivery to sound their best.

I have a UK built 8000 LX integrated currently powering the HF with a latest gen 8000p on LF. This is fronted by a Saturn CD.

I am a bit curious as to what the Q pre amp might bring in improvements over the LX and would probably consider adding another power amp so I can continue to bi-amp. I find bi-amping does make a whole lot of difference to the sound giving me greater scale and control.

Hi there, I bi-amp with an 8000P (bass), and an 8000SX (tweeters), up until recently I'd been using an 8000Q as a pre, but I'm now using my M-Dac as a pre. It's much better than the Q.

My P and SX are original UK ones, and the Q is an upgraded chinese one.

I still use the Q for my analogue sources, and whilst it's nice it doesn't compare to the M-Dac as a pre for my digital sources.

Thanks Wad62.

Nice to get a reply !!. Sorry I took sp long coming back. My set up is working quite nicely at the present. Just moved my Atlas Navigator between pre & power and tried another base model from atlas between CD and integrated. Its name escapes me. Really delighted with it as its tamed a slight brightness and lifted the detail level. Lovely.

Anyway cheers for the feedback. I may look elewhere for a decent preamp should I take that route.

advertisement

Back