advertisement

$170 Billion and Counting: The Cost of Brexit for the U.K.

Faith is great, but it’s much better to also have some facts on your side. I’m this regard Brexit falls rather short.
Certainly I never said I had no facts for my business. I always have more than some facts, but often not enough facts to make sense of what is going on. I think this is comparable to the government situation. But I do not always stop and do nothing because of it.

I have no reckless disregard. Sometimes I just don't have an answer or solution. When things go bad at work it is tempting to simply not go to work, it can be that depressing. But I go and I try to keep my chin up in the dark periods. It's called faith. Its not possible to succeed without it.
Faith and optimism are the value added bits, they're not supposed to be the only philosophy we take into this!

They are there to underpin facts, policies and ideas, not to replace them.

They are there to help us through adversity. Instead we seem to be in the process of creating adverse conditions so that we can invoke the blitz spirit to get through it.

When things got tough for you in business I'd be surprised if you knowingly created the conditions that made it so. That's the big difference.

First test of Johnson's resolve re: Huawei

I actually agree with Tugendhat (and Trump, ffs) that it's crazy to let China build our critical infrastructure (see also: nuclear power stations), but of course he still trots out the tired old fib about 'getting Sovereignty' back from the EU when we never lost is it the first place).

Where is Johnson, btw? I've never known a new PM more absent from the news.

Stephen

First test of Johnson's resolve re: Huawei

I actually agree with Tugendhat (and Trump, ffs) that it's crazy to let China build our critical infrastructure (see also: nuclear power stations), but of course he still trots out the tired old fib about 'getting Sovereignty' back from the EU when we never lost is it the first place).

Stephen
We can look forward to 2020 stuffed with Johnson’s careless, eye catching policy announcements like his bridge to Ireland and his Big Ben’s broke so bung us some bobs bollocks, much of which will be the subject of U- turns as he’s regularly demonstrated in the past. It’s going to be an immense pleasure watching his humiliation at the hands of Trump’s trade negotiators. There’s only ever one winner in the Art of The Deal. The clown in London will get the same treatment as the one in Kiev.

Boris is in Boris's bunker bunging a bob at building a way to get buggering bollocks Brexit done without bankrupting the borough.

Alternatively he may be shagging a self centred sociopathic socialite scrolling social media from somewhere beyond the sea. It's hard to say.

advertisement

Back