advertisement

15" HPD's - active?

poppop

pfm Member
I have a pair of Lockwood renovated HPD's + Lockwood passive crossovers in 300L homemade cabs(copied from a contributer on Hans's site).

Anyone any experience of active cossovers for the above? Anyone making "homemade" versions, or heard any dual concentrics in active mode? Just curious about how well they work - or dont!

Thanks
Steve.

Steve muy mate Dave has just made his 12" hpd's active. He's re boxed them in a very striking black pillar box cabinet that is about 100L and very, very well damped. He's using the active XO from the dutch site pretty much exactly as specified. He's running them with what should be a crap combination of odds and sods amps, chip amps, old integrated with the pre sections clipped out of circuit. They still sound bloody amazing.

If he gets them all tidied up n time we'll be running them at Scalford in March using my front end.

Hi

Bugger I thought someone might say that! And i only say that cos Im skint after Xmas!

So I guess hes using the ones designed by J Ridley? - For me. It would be finding someone who could build them, but I think i could get that covered.

Im using mine with Les's voyagers, and the other night the notion that another 2 voyagers and an active crossover came upon me - NOT that there is much wrong with them passive!! Oh well always a future goal.

Thank you

Steve.

thanks for the heads up on venue - unfortunately Im up near Inverness!

You have to accomodate for the Tannoy bark filter.
There are active filter boards on the Tannoy group at yahoogroups.com, even a special group that discusses these crossovers...tannoycrossovers I, think...

Youre right there is a Tannoy crossover group!! The guy John Ridley(as above) runs the thing.

Cheers
Steve.

Bought a pair of ESL63. Still got the SGM-10s but unlikely I will do anything. The PCB is from the group buy and professionally manufactured. I'll have a look this week, 50/50 chance I find them...

advertisement

Back