advertisement

12v trigger for amps without trigger inputs..

I tried to use my Bluesound streamer with trigger out to turn on my TAD Power amp
Not working, so far anyway
Need to read up a bit. Maybe I have to have the Bluesound remote

One of the difficulties with 12v trigger out is that there's no apparent standard for the current that can be sourced from it. The Audiophonics needs minimum 25mA, if your device can source this it should be fine.

I tried to use my Bluesound streamer with trigger out to turn on my TAD Power amp
Not working, so far anyway
Need to read up a bit. Maybe I have to have the Bluesound remote

You need to use a “stereo” lead for the Bluesound tigger port.

RugDoc,

I'd be interested in know what solution you go for in the end as I'd like to be able to trigger my power amps from my pre-amp too.

Perhaps if there are a sufficient number of us a group buy might work? Just a thought.

RugDoc,

I'd be interested in know what solution you go for in the end as I'd like to be able to trigger my power amps from my pre-amp too.

Perhaps if there are a sufficient number of us a group buy might work? Just a thought.

Hi Mark,

yes indeed. The first one I linked to appears to work well from others experience, but the company wants a minimum order of 6 items, so with shipping so far the total is €196.04, so that’s £172.25 to get them to my door.

absolutely no doubt that I’ll have to pay UK customs 20%, plus a £15 handling fee, so that adds £ 49.45 to the total. Then shipping out from me to you, let’s say £5, SO…..

172.25 units x6
+49.45 customs

Total landed for 6 = £221.70

Price each therefore £36.95 plus £5 post = £41.95, I need to find packing etc and it might be more than a fiver to post, so let’s say an absolute max of £45 each to your door, less if customs don’t charge, or postage is less

I’m happy to do this, anyone else want in if I do?

I bought some a couple on months ago in conjuction with a MiniDSP microphone to lift the total price for the order.
I use them to control a pair of Quad ESLs (powered speakers) to start when the McIntosh Power amps kick in.
ESLs can get damaged if they are not powered on and a signal is sent to them.
I think you can use both stereo and mono triggers with them.
Mono didn't work with the McIntoshes as they send different info in stereo to the receiving device.

In my situation, they worked perfectly.

I bought some a couple on months ago in conjuction with a MiniDSP microphone to lift the total price for the order.
I use them to control a pair of Quad ESLs (powered speakers) to start when the McIntosh Power amps kick in.
ESLs can get damaged if they are not powered on and a signal is sent to them.
I think you can use both stereo and mono triggers with them.
Mono didn't work with the McIntoshes as they send different info in stereo to the receiving device.

In my situation, they worked perfectly.

Hi, did you have to pay customs on their arrival in the UK?

Glad to hear they work for you.

Hi, did you have to pay customs on their arrival in the UK?

Glad to hear they work for you.

Yes - £42 for ParcelForce Worldwide.
I don't have the details but there was two components to that cost - fixed handling charge and tax.
My original purchase was £178.84 or €194.33 with Audiophonics for 3 Triggers and a MiniDSP microphone.

Glad I bought them as previous smart type extension blocks didn't work - these function perfectly.
Here's some photo's that'll give you an idea of what they look like in action.

Thankyou for posting, very helpful.

I have bought six, and I’ll probably use three. So if any members would like one please get in touch and when they have landed here in the UK we’ll work out the cost totals and I’ll pass that on.

These have now landed and work perfectly.

I had to buy six, and am using 2, so I have 4 available for others to purchase..

Each one cost me about £37 landed here in the uk and 2nd class signed for will be £4.45, so I’ll leave this here and if you would like one please get in touch and I’d be happy to send you one. BT or PayPal.

advertisement

Back