advertisement

12V DC Trigger for 13 Amp IEC

Unfortunately, my cats think my new speakers are their new scratch posts so I can't take any chances of leaving them powered on.

Just thinking there must be some way with a hive or homekit enable mains socket triggered from bluetooth out of the 3.5mm

Their many ways of swtiching the power but if you aren't a good diyer used to working with mains they all can be very dangerous.
You can use a relay or a solid state relay but it will need a box earthing etc..

Pete

I've got a radio controlled set of plug in switches so one push on the remote turns all five plugs on.

Doesn't seem to degrade sq.

I did have a set of them too - they worked well with my Class A amps that had difficult power requirements which didn't work with smart Alexa plugs.

It may be an option, but it does increase the remote control count.

I use HomeKit to turn on my amps’ sockets when I turn on the TV. Very handy I must admit!

I'd be up for organising a group purchase - I think we'd need to buy six of them. If you're after some, PM me. I'd need either two or three.

Are there any extension blocks that will power on slave sockets when a device connected to a master socket is powered on?

I used to have such an extension for a PC base unit to power on peripherals, but cannot find any now.

It's a probably overkill (or a massive pro-audio sledgehammer to crack this particular nut) but you could use an EMO systems slave switcher:
https://www.canford.co.uk/Products/20994/42-662_EMO-CS6-SLAVE-SWITCHER-UNIT
They're intended for slaving from a master unit with a keypad, but I believe it'll trigger from the 12v? They pop up on eBay usually having come out of PA installations - not my auction but there are some on at the moment (Canford do a separate cover for the mains terminals):
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/23321425...d=link&campid=5338728743&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back