advertisement

110 SLR system?

Mullardman

Moderately extreme...
Back around the mid-late 70s., I remember Dixons carrying a new SLR system based around 110 film. Can't remember the manufacturer, but IIR, there was a mini SLR camera and a whole range of lenses available for not much money.

Of course, the obvious problem would be limited enlargement potential using such small film.
However, just out of interest, does anyone else remember this system, or am I imagining it?

Mull

Hmmmm.... These little 110 SLRs seem to have been better received and more numerous than I knew...

You'd think that someone might resurrect the idea of a small camera with interchangeable lenses using digital technology. (Maybe they have?)

I can get excellent results with my little Fuji 'Finepix' jobby, within the limits of its lens. I'm not unhappy to move on to a 'full' DSLR, but when you add in a selection of lenses and accessories, it does start to become a bit of a hassle to carry.

I would be interested in the convenience of a roughly half sized alternative with a range of lenses.

Mull,

I guess we are all waiting for that ideal digital compact, you know, APS C sensor, fully manual, proper control wheels and interchangable lenses etc but I reckon it's a couple of years away at least so I bought a Ricoh in the meantime.

PS rumours of a CMOS and *possibly* APS C sensored canon G10 in September and Canon will want to get the ball rolling quick with the economic downturn and all.

I always wanted a Minox 9x11mm with a digital sensor, to utilize its amazing lens in a handy camera with its manual focus and manual override of the shutter speed selection, but instead they just killed the film version :-(

Nick

Hi,

I had one for a while not much cop really no presure plate on a 110 film and its tiny so the pics where dissapointing, they even did a zoom lens, flash, motorwinder etc.

Pete

advertisement

Back