advertisement

‘The Beast’ up for auction

The bodyshell, went through a bit of an evolution.
274705264_10159777779404500_2697862506713444545_n.jpg

5849599a-scaled.jpg

They are two different vehicles. The upper one was his first, it caught fire in Sweden. It was presented at a motor show in Stockholm and on the way to ferry back home (of course, he drove to the show, in the winter! No silly trailers there.) disaster struck. It ended up in a scrap yard in Härryda, very near the Gothenburg airport, I think.

The second pic is, the second one.

They are two different vehicles. The upper one was his first, it caught fire in Sweden. It was presented at a motor show in Stockholm and on the way to ferry back home (of course, he drove to the show, in the winter! No silly trailers there.) disaster struck. It ended up in a scrap yard in Härryda, very near the Gothenburg airport, I think.

The second pic is, the second one.

I thought it had the same chassis and drivetrain, though, so essentially the same.

The bodyshell, went through a bit of an evolution.
274705264_10159777779404500_2697862506713444545_n.jpg

5849599a-scaled.jpg

The first one caught fire and was destroyed while being driven to visit the King of Denmark (or possibly Sweden) so it was rebuilt. The Rolls-Royce grille made it to the rebuilt version, until Rolls Royce's legal department wrote a nice letter asking him to remove it

Last edited:
With that lack of aero, I’d guess more like 200mph, on a good day. Still fast for such an awkward, ungainly looking thing.

I remember this from back in the day and thought it was amazing ,
Seeing it now on a couple of videos belching out blue smoke looks like it may be due for a re build , at vast £££££££ , Will it stay as the beast with the new owner ? Or will it be re cycled and the engine put back in a plane , Time will tall .

I remember this from back in the day and thought it was amazing ,
Seeing it now on a couple of videos belching out blue smoke looks like it may be due for a re build , at vast £££££££ , Will it stay as the beast with the new owner ? Or will it be re cycled and the engine put back in a plane , Time will tall .

That wouldn’t be allowed, as far as I’m aware, as it is unlikely to have a continuous, traceable history, and the engine is from a tank, not an aircraft.

advertisement

Back