advertisement

‘Speedo Mick’

graystoke4

pfm Member
well he's done it a 1000, mile walk, in just he's well, speedo's and some walking boots, and whats more he should be at around £300.000, for charity,
below is a quote from a cornwall,live

Speedo Mick says the adrenaline is flowing as he starts the final leg of his epic 1,000-mile walk, which has taken more than 70 days.

Mick Cullen, 55, from Dovecot in Liverpool, also known as Speedo Mick, is set to reach Land's End later today (Saturday, February 22) after beginning his walk – dressed only in his famous blue Everton Speedos – in John O’Groats in December.

Formerly homeless, Mick has overcome alcoholism and depression to raise money for charity.

After battling through not one but two storms – Ciara then Dennis – in the past couple of weeks, Mick reached Truro yesterday.

As he reached the city centre he celebrated passing his goal of raising £250,000 for Leave The Light On, a community project that helps those who are feeling isolated.

well done i'm going to send him a tenner, not just for doing it, but in the way he has done it, laughing and dancing all the way, and in some shocking weather,
a charity hero / nutter :D

Speedo Mick is a character and this is an outstanding achievement. The weather in the north of Scotland has been atrocious for weeks and to be out and about in it wearing just a pair of swimming trunks shows true determination and grit. The fact that he has raised over £320k for disadvantaged people is something we should all admire.

I'll be sending him a few quid. He's been on the news up here in the NW for a while now.

I'm all for his efforts.. but I'm also a Speedo fan. It's about time ****wits in knee length 'shorts' stopped thinking they looked cool..

And I thought this was going to be a thread about our Mr Parry astride his Sunbeam - the Speedo's are, of course, optional.

t_500x300

And I thought this was going to be a thread about our Mr Parry astride his Sunbeam - the Speedo's are, of course, optional.

t_500x300
As, presumably are the flipflops? Now if Speedo Mick had done JoG -LE in Speedos and flipflops, I’d have been seriously awestruck, rather than merely utterly astonished and amazed at his sheer tenacity.

I was going to say, he has some serious balls, but my guess is they retreated somewhere around Perth and won’t be seen again until the Summer.

advertisement

Back