advertisement

‘Kickers ®’ Stiffer Than Old Boots!

Big Tabs

looking backwards, going forwards
Just took delivery of my first (last) pair of hi-top Kickers.

kickers-kick-hi-red.jpg

And they are going straight back! :(

The leather is incredibly stiff, and I reckon after a month of wear they wouldn’t be much different, but my ankles would be blistered.
I have had shoes/boots that have stiff leather before, and I have managed to soften the leather with creams, soaking with water and wearing etc. I can tell immediately that these will take many months to be comfortable, if ever.
This is all compounded by my right ankle having a metal plate and several screws around the ankle bone at various angles. all protruding :eek:

I am going to try a pair of soft suede desert boots with crepe sole instead, something wide-fitting and a funky colour - natch.

Anyone else have these issues? Or have an instant (within a week…) cure, that doesn’t involve wearing the boots through the breaking-in process?

The concrete slippers! >
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001BMTZ2A/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I had a pair of the identical boots years ago. Like you I found them far too stiff and they were got rid of hardly worn.

I had a pair as a teenager, all the rage, wore in, in about 4 weeks, lasted about 18 months

Hi, do you need this kind of boot for support, of your ankle, if so get some Doc, Martens, not cheap, well rather expensive nowadays, but last for ever, and are comfortable,

Hi, do you need this kind of boot for support, of your ankle, if so get some Doc, Martens, not cheap, well rather expensive nowadays, but last for ever, and are comfortable,

They maybe OK for leisure only and plods, but
utterly useless for site work, souls tear to pieces

Since I had two plates and 15 screws into my heels I've mostly been in trainers. Occasional day in shoes at work but my ankles dont thank me for it.

I ordered a pair of Loakes before my accident, they arrived a month after, still never worn them...

Since I had two plates and 15 screws into my heels I've mostly been in trainers. Occasional day in shoes at work but my ankles dont thank me for it.

I ordered a pair of Loakes before my accident, they arrived a month after, still never worn them...
wise choice. I has some Church's once (in a sale) :), and it took 2 years before they were uncomfortable:)

need to buy Trickers. Having had multiple surgeries on my ankles - Trickers work mostly

I think Dr. Martens are overrated.
When I was Nursing - on my feet all day - I tried a pair. They rotted from the inside out, and the uppers disintegrated before the sole was worn at all.
The shoes took forever to wear in as well, never again.

No, I don’t need the support- I like nice footwear that has some character to it and some colour!

When I was Nursing, I ended up with either Ecco’s or Hush Puppies for being on my feet all day.

Unsurprisingly YouTube has a variety of in depth boot analysis channels, of which this is one. It involves killing the boot for science.

PS I’ve been pondering buying a pair of Red Wings for about 3 years now. I’ve just bought a new roof, so they’ll have to wait until I’ve recovered financially a bit, but I’m certainly Red Wing-curious.

advertisement

Back