advertisement

‘Elizabeth is Missing’ - BBC 1

Martyn Miles

pfm Member
I have just finished watching ‘Elizabeth is Missing’ on BBC1, starring Glenda Jackson.
In a fascinating tale, with many twists and turns, Miss Jackson was superb.
If you missed it, do catch up.
It made a lovely change from the BBC’s recent dramas, some of which I thought were getting rather boring...

It was excellent. Good to see Glenda Jackson hasn't stopped acting. The story has similarities with Christopher Nolan's film "Memento".

A great performance by Glenda Jackson. A touching story with a good supporting cast. As others have said a window into the world of dementia, which has so many different ways it can affect people.

so glad you highlighted this Martyn , it was so compelling and so real. The mixing up of who family were , buying loads of cans of food the same etc and so many other things . Great to highlight the problems of dementia

I watched it earlier today based on this thread recommendation. Nicely done with a remarkable performance from Glenda Jackson. No idea what sort of gong one gets for TV stuff like that, but I’d expect her to be picking one up at some point.

I thought it was excellent, Glenda Jackson put in a remarkable performance. I have had family members effected by this but I still enjoyed it as a piece of drama.

A superb performance by Glenda Jackson. Not just superb but terrifying for any of us entering our last chapters and finding short term memory isn’t what it was, or that considering the relationships in a database inspire a deep desire for a snooze.

Does anyone remember her in The Music Lovers (?) Ken Russell’s film about Tchaikovsky. Her performance on the floor of a rocking railway carriage was memorable... or was it?

advertisement

Back