advertisement

£8 pint

I stopped buying their beer because of this.

me too

IMHO lager in general is drunk by people who like drinking, and the social side, but who don't like beer.

i prefer beer in all its forms - both Keg and Cask (am a fully paid up member of CAMRA) . I dont mind a lager and i will drink it in my local because its all they have that is palatable (unless Strongbow is your cup of cha).

I like beer in most of its forms, including lager (I'm using it as a generic title for many German or Czech style beers), but I'm not going to drink the sort of lager that is served up on draught in many pubs, even if it's my local. I like my beer to taste of something, including lager. If fact, I don't drink in either of my locals, because the choice of beer is poor.

I've had some tasty lagers in Germany. Ones that have been lagered rather than flash-brewed and carbonated in a big factory.

Just been to see a comedian at a theatre acr0oss the border (Devon):and we had a pint of Tribute and a gin and tonic. As we were a captive market I held my breath...£8.

I still can’t believe how little you can pay for a beer in a Spoons. £1.71 in Glasgow this week with a couple of decent IPA’s and real ales for just over £2/pint.

Friday night I paid £6.75 for a very standard keg pale ale.

Last edited:
I still can’t believe how little you can pay for a bet in a Spoons. £1.71 in Glasgow this week with a couple of decent IPA’s and real ales for just over £2/pint.

Friday night I paid £6.75 for a very standard keg pale ale.
It's true, and the Ruddles Best that they sell for under £2 is better than most of the other bitters you get around me at twice or 3 times that.

What was that then? £4.50 for the Adnams and £5.50 for the G&T?

He he! Why anyone would drink that stuff is beyond me! I actually can’t work out their prices, think they vary. Next round was an Adnams, a G&T, 2 glasses of white wine and 2 bags of Walkers. £12. Never bought a round in there where it hasn’t cost a whole number of pounds.

Some years back I made the mistake of offering to buy a round of drinks at the Randolph Hotel in Oxford. Fortunately one person only wanted a soft drink, otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to pay!

When I last dined there the roast goose went down well. Even with water.

Was filming a music video in Burry Port, Carmarthenshire for a friend's band over the weekend. Stumbled across a biker's pub there (Portobello Inn) where decent lagers & IPA's were between £2.00 & £2.50 a pint - had to pinch myself when being told of the price of a round of 8/9 drinks - breathtaking

Local pubs don't sell many decent beers around here so i normally end up on Aspalls. Had some lovely interesting beers in Canada from micro breweries but nothing as good as

DSC07747.jpg

None available this year as the pineapple harvest was a failure; on the street a small pineapple was £6.

Apologies for the poor depth of focus.

I generally drink in my local, they own there own micro brewery, prices for there beer range from £3.30 to £3.80 a pint. A good pint too!:)

I live in Sam Smith's home town and the beer & lager is available for circa £3 pint locally. By way of contrast I was in London for the marathon and was charged £12.45 for pint of Peroni and half a 0% beer! I guess if you live down there you just get used to it.

advertisement

Back