advertisement

£600 to spend on standmount speakers

I can thoroughly recommend the Monitor Audio Silver 100. They're quite large for standmounters but consequentially they have a particularly "big" sound. They sound great with all types of music. I have them paired with an Arcam integrated amp in my living room and I love them.

When I auditioned them, they sounded better to me than the Kef Q150s and the equivalently-priced Dalis - I can't remember which model exactly it was.

They are also beautifully made. They look and feel like they're carved from a single lump of walnut.

If they haven't been mentioned (or sold) there is a pair of Totem Mites in the classifieds, great speaker that works well in a small room, close to wall and pretty easy to drive. Arro's are good too, even though they work in a small room they respond better with some free space.

Thanks all, have just found a pair of ruark sabres 3’s. Am listening to them as I type, bliss.

Glorious. Sound just like the talismans I used to have (& regretted selling) with less bass. I have no doubt that there are better speakers around but they murder the little quads!

The quad 11l’s are amazing at disappearing but these are just so much more communicative. Am a happy camper.

advertisement

Back