advertisement

£500-600 MC suggestions

So that's AT on the list - either in OC9 or 33 flavour - is one a better match to my kit than the other?

No shouts for either Ortofon or Denon yet.

The PTGii and OC9ii share the same diamond and cantilever, (?) and are very similar. I sold on a 33ev.

Denon 103 is fun and musical (I call it cheap Decca) but it's not the best at information retrieval.

The PTGii and OC9ii share the same diamond and cantilever, (?) and are very similar. I sold on a 33ev.

How would you say the 33EV and the 33PTG compare. Both seem to have there apologists. I am a fan of the 33EV. It's especially good on a 12" Notts Analogue arm, which balances the sound nicely.

How would you say the 33EV and the 33PTG compare. Both seem to have there apologists. I am a fan of the 33EV. It's especially good on a 12" Notts Analogue arm, which balances the sound nicely.

From memory the PTG had better more texture bass. Its always going to be similar, and there's nothing wrong with the EV.

As always kit turns up and we try it. The EV was better than (aged ) OC9i, and a couple of AT32's I had.

So that's AT on the list - either in OC9 or 33 flavour - is one a better match to my kit than the other?

No shouts for either Ortofon or Denon yet.

I own both AT33EV and a DL103r , I prefer the Denon .

The AT out performs the DL103r in detail , soundstage and top end but the DL103r is just so musical you forget about its flaws and just enjoy the music .

To be honest I wasn't considering any of the 103s from Denon as it seems such a mismatch, I was thinking more along the lines of their lighter carts - 301/304 etc..

I've just bought a lightly used Ortofon Cadenza Red for £350.
After reading some reviews, it seems like my kind of cartridge. I'll be able to try it in a week or so when my SME 10 arrives.

To be honest I wasn't considering any of the 103s from Denon as it seems such a mismatch, I was thinking more along the lines of their lighter carts - 301/304 etc..

I'll be selling my ca100hour 304 when the Benz Ace arrives, if you're interested.

advertisement

Back