advertisement

£50 for a new HD music source!

cporton

pfm Member
I've just spent around £50 on a powered USB hub, USB cable, the Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter and the HD version of the Onkyo HF player app for my iPhone 5S.

This has enabled me to plug my iPhone into my Benchmark DAC2-HGC and play a range of HD music files up to 192kHz/24bit and DSD 2.8MHz directly from my iPhone.

It amuses and amazes me that such a great sound is coming from my iPhone, especially looking at the size of the source component versus my Quad 2805s :)

A highly recommended way of dipping your toe into playing high resolution music files without vast expense... except the cost of the music of course!

Let's hope these rumours are true...

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/12/20/apple-high-resolution-audio/

Chris

Gerard124 - I guess you'd have to stop listening to music and answer the phone!

onlyconnect - I know the benefits from high-res audio aren't viewed as worthwhile by many, which is fine. But for those who wanted to try for themselves, I thought this was a good, inexpensive way to giving it a go. Personally, I'm particular impressed by the DSD files I've downloaded so far.

venton - I don't think so. The Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter doesn't seem to power the phone while in use.

Chris

advertisement

Back