advertisement

£50 Billion cash missing, check down the sofa!

wow&flutter

pfm Member
Just caught an article on the lunchtime news saying the Bank of England recons that £50 Billion in cash is missing from the UK economy.I’ve had a quick look here but unfortunately no joy.

It’s in my loft makes wonderful insulation, the U value is off the scale.

Good luck stay safe.

If we're talking about a 'missing' 50 billion moths then okay, I'll hold my hands up - my coats, pockets and secret cubby holes are stuffed with the buggers! Actual money? No idea!

Not on your life I’m keeping it till after Christmas then I’m going to the sales, fast women, horses and beer just to start with.

Good luck stay safe.

Sounds like a load of nonsense to me. What does "missing" mean? Are the banknotes in my wallet, the coins in my trouser pockets "missing"? "Missing" from what, from where? Where are all the banknotes supposed to be sitting, so as not to be considered "missing"? I usually keep about 1,000 Euro in the safe at home. Is this "missing"? No, it is not! It is sitting in my safe at home, because I like to have some cash for sudden needs or emergencies.

The only part of the story that makes any sense is the statement from the B of E:

A Bank of England spokesperson said: "It is the responsibility of the Bank of England to meet public demand for banknotes. The Bank has always met that demand and will continue to do so.

"Members of the public do not have to explain to the Bank why they wish to hold banknotes. This means that banknotes are not missing."

Well now; thanks for the heads up. Have just found a pound in the crevices of my sofa, so that's 49,999,999,999, 999 to go then (nein nein nein; can't be right!)

Seriously though - don’t you get a thrill when you find even half a crown down the side of the sofa!!

Looked through my late Dad`s wallet yesterday and found £120 that must have been there for at least two years, so that`s a few more accounted for.

Seriously though - don’t you get a thrill when you find even half a crown down the side of the sofa!!
Yeah, I still find that exciting. Well, maybe not half a crown, but a quid certainly :). Probably a hangover from being utterly penniless for periods in the past! Not that I'm exactly rolling in it now, lol.

advertisement

Back