advertisement

£5 to hear a pair of Yams

gassor

There may be more posts after this.
Its for a good cause - Children in Need - but strikes me as a bit strange given the limited number of people who will have a clue.

AUDITION of Yamaha NS-2000 speakers is the heading over on Ebay.

I would go if they were within 50 miles but not many people I know would bother.

Some people on here could demo their fancy gear for charity - any takers?

I would put a link but I think that's not allowed.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Links to eBay are fine as they are link-affiliated so help pay for the site. I've added one!

Cool idea, I think I'd pay a fiver to hear a pair of NS2000s too. Nowhere near me though.

its a bit strange , cause it would appear to be a way of selling them off ebay so avoiding charges , i can think of no other reason for the narrative that accompanies the offer,

I was thinking 50p? Mine have a nice 1980s refurb with burgundy netting on them, so a rare treat, maybe 75p.

But seriously, are these really the ultimate vintage 3 way speaker? What about the SP100? I bet that is better?

The Yams probably have the finest midrange unit ever made, still. The tweeter rolls off a little fast at the top end and the bass isn't the worlds most tuneful, though I'd expect the 2000 to be better than the 1000 due to better bass driver and improved crossover.

The Yams probably have the finest midrange unit ever made, still. The tweeter rolls off a little fast at the top end and the bass isn't the worlds most tuneful, though I'd expect the 2000 to be better than the 1000 due to better bass driver and improved crossover.

And it is the mids on the Ditton 66 that I don't like....you can never have it all, can you?

As someone who gets the occasional opportunity to listen to NS 2000's for free, I will say that your reaction is going to be entirely dependent on the amplification that's used to drive them.

With appropriate amps, and obviously a competent front end, it will be well worth the fiver, and some.

I'm charging £10 for a sniff if a thirty year old Valhalla board ( powered up of course). It's an extra £2 if you want to smell the springs and grommets.

I'm charging £10 for a sniff if a thirty year old Valhalla board ( powered up of course). It's an extra £2 if you want to smell the springs and grommets.

Crikey I could sniff Bolivian snow off a hookers arse for that sort of money round here.

No, it was audition money to charity, sale money to his pocket. I fear his 3k figure was somewhat optimistic.

advertisement

Back