advertisement

£4750 off a Fiat Spider.

That's a shame but they are extremely expensive. I know that they were never cheap cars but they are looking poor value for money. Part of this is that with the advent of modern turbos the hot hatch has become an extremely potent machine in a way that it it never used to be. A Clio 172/182 was a serious performance machine, then someone came along with the Golf R, the Mazda 3 MPS, and so on, and 250-300 bhp was yours out of the box.

Rot I'd guess sadly. You don't even see many at the local meetings any more.........although a lovely mk1 turned up last month which I really liked.

Rot I'd guess sadly. You don't even see many at the local meetings any more.........although a lovely mk1 turned up last month which I really liked.
mk1 needs to be the supercharged one. Or a mk3, but not silver as so many were.

Yes, good point, what happened to those MR2s? They were everywhere and are excellent value now, for the mk3.

They didn't sell many—hence they stopped making them.

Sad really.

My mint, 60K, mid-engined 1.8l, 140bhp, 980kg Roadster is worth £2K. And being Toyotas they are cheap to run and insure. If they'd developed them with more power and new materials they'd be up there with 4Cs and Elise by now. Then I couldn't afford one!

Stephen

I'm guessing your car is mint Stephen, it won't be long before it's rising dramatically in price. I always thought your car was so similar in appearance to the VX220 too.

I'm guessing your car is mint Stephen, it won't be long before it's rising dramatically in price. I always thought your car was so similar in appearance to the VX220 too.

It is indeed—I would have thought so, but it's stubbornly declining in value. I thought £3K would be the nadir, but no. Mk II and 1s are silly money now.

You still have the VX220? I drove one of those too and loved it, but it had too many issues.

Stephen

I let the VX go last year Stephen. Someone saw it and made an offer so thought I'd let them have it. I never got to use it much so best it went really.

advertisement

Back