advertisement

£350 auto ultrasonic record cleaner?

One disc at a time, have to drain after every disc and 5 mins to blow (not vacuum) dry?

Not exactly efficient is it?

Looks great. I think there's a market for a well made <£400 ultrasonic cleaner, for sure. I know you can get home brew versions, but they all look too hands-on for the average punter

Saw this elsewhere, he’s trying to raise £130,000 before the end of the year and he’s miles off that, I think last I checked it was at £16,000.

Doomed to failure, you pays your money and take your chances

Who knew this place could be such a tough crowd?

You're more than welcome to search for one that suits you.

I’ve been using a Velvet Vortex for the past few months, on extended (due to the bloody virus) loan from a friend. It can clean 3 discs at once, and by the time you’ve drained the other machine and let it blow dry the single disc it can handle, the 3 records you’ve cleaned in the Vortex then put in a dish rack (maybe with a household fan blowing at them to speed matters up, but not really necessary) are dry and you have another 3 records already cleaned and ready to dry.

The Kickstarter machine a stylish thing, but not the faff free solution it’s being touted as. It’s an illusion of convenience.

Disclaimer, for transparency, I do know the guy who sells the Velvet Vortex as he’s a member of various Audio forums that I also belong to, including here I think, but it wasn’t him that lent me the machine, and I’m not a customer of his.

Saw this elsewhere, he’s trying to raise £130,000 before the end of the year and he’s miles off that, I think last I checked it was at £16,000.

Doomed to failure, you pays your money and take your chances

They're at £78k at the mo, so they might make it. Best of luck to 'em I say.

40khz will be a $100 off the shelf chinese OEM unit for cleaning car parts & jewellery in a nice box for cleaning vinyls
Degritter 120khz ground up new design for cleaning records

It's the type of cleaner that you use as and when , Just drop in your vinyl , switch it on and go do something else , Its not a machine you stand and wait for strumming your fingers on the table
I wish him / them well with the venture

Any method that leaves cleaning solution of the record to dry is a worse than useless design. Clean the record and then leave dirty water on it to dry and leave behind anything washed off the record.
Mad idea.

Any method that leaves cleaning solution of the record to dry is a worse than useless design. Clean the record and then leave dirty water on it to dry and leave behind anything washed off the record.
Mad idea.

Err ! now you have me confused ? o_O

Simple - the wet record is either left to air-dry of dried using a fan. OK if there is a DI rinse after cleaning, but otherwise totally daft.

The great majority of cleaners use suction to remove as much cleaning solution as possible - far saner idea.

won't most of it be left in the solution? with the turntable-type cleaners, the vac is the only option because 100% of the fluid/dirt is left on the record

Simple - the wet record is either left to air-dry of dried using a fan. OK if there is a DI rinse after cleaning, but otherwise totally daft.

The great majority of cleaners use suction to remove as much cleaning solution as possible - far saner idea.

Ye but Ye but , Whats the difference between air drying in a rack or slightly faster drying using a fan ? I understand the vacuum machines remove water / Cleaner solution but they do not dry the surface 100% either . I use my PRC 4 and put the LP's in a rack to fully air dry

Your choice, it would not be mine.

Would you wash your clothes ( Yes I do ) , drag them from the washing water and hang to dry? ( No I take them out put them in a laundry basket and hang them on the washing line to dry in the garden , Have done for decades , Works for me ) I wouldn't - same principle.
:)

Even my mother, who used a dolly-tub, dolly and washboard for the majority of her life, rinsed things before drying, so do all clothes washing machines.

In the video they say " Fill the tank from the tap " so they use tap water not chemical cleaning fluid

advertisement

Back