advertisement

£199 to burn-in your cd player?

Yes its preposterous to charge that much

I can supply Pink Fish users two at that price

just PM me with your equipemnt list so i can place the right modules on the discs

Wow, that is some price! I originally read it as £1.99, which would have explained the number sold.

But I have to say that it does work on speakers, if rather more simply, and is a must before doing Thiele/Small measurements. Three or four minutes near resonance (preferably in free air so you don't have to hear too much of it) at almost full excursion does break in the suspension and gives wholly different before and after results. Most of the proper drive unit manufacturers do this as a matter of course.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Pls no negative comments unless you have tried the product. We must assume they are gentlemen with the noblest of intentions.

Louballoo

Burn in ? Some 'extreme' hi fi publications have recommended it. I suggest burning the magazines to keep warm in this cold weather... MGM

Better still to place the burning magazune underneath the component that needs to be "burnt in" (make sure it has a metal bottom) I have heard that this "Pyrogenic" process gives all components a "warm" sound.

Yes speakers suspensions do soften up with use, just drive them with anything to achieve the required effect no need for specific foo files.

Im glad t see Nitin Sawhney getting recognised as a 1.99 bargain and no need to ever listen. However my cryogenic heatvoid treatment is hot stuff and a bargain at 100 -

I was given one of these discs, stuck it my player and left it playing while I went to work, it made no difference.
I think I still have it somewhere.

advertisement

Back